Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Signed a deal on a 2016 Ody EX on Nov. 19th with a dealership in Ontario whose name I want to keep to myself for now.
Received a call from the dealer today saying they are not able to secure the color I want. Instead they offered me a different color which my family doesn't like. We gave him an additional color choice in return so now they have two colors to work with.
They already have $$$ in deposit from me which I am sure they will be willing to return if they don't find the colors of our choice.

We were on our way to a dealership in the Toronto area on the 19th which had the color we wanted and their price was also a couple of hundreds dollars cheaper. Instead we decided to stop by this dealership in question to see what they have on the lot as it would save us 6 hours of driving to Toronto with the kids. After some discussion, they promised they will be able to secure our desired color and we signed the deal. :DD
Now they seem to be backing out on the deal!

What are my choices? Anyone experience similar issue in the past? Recommendations welcome

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
This issue is Canadian law dependent, but in most U.S. states the deposit cannot be retained by the dealer unless they spent money accommodating your request then you refused delivery. In this case they never delivered, so they should be willing to refund the deposit.

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
First, verify that the van you want is still available at the original dealer. If so, visit the other dealer and calmly ask to have the sale contract cancelled and your deposit returned on the grounds that they cannot deliver the van in your choice of colour.

If they are at all ethical, they will comply and you will be on your way.

Another member from Toronto said recently that certain colour/trim combinations are impossible to find in your area. IIRC, he waited for one from the factory.

Dave

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for Chiming in folks.
Good News. Got a call from the sales person. We will be getting our 2016 Ody EX Lunar Silver with gray interior from the factory on Dec 08th. Hope the rest of the process goes well.
It looks like we will be owning two odysseys until we get rid of the old one which is 2003 and still running better than my friend's 2013 Caravan (no offence intended).

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Your 2003 Honda likely ran better than the 2013 Caravan even as the Caravan was rolling out of the factory!

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
Win-win conclusion - the best! :)

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts