Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I wanted to try out a different look for the roof rack and cross bars.

Painted them a brushed aluminum silver.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Looks interesting. Can you you post more pics from a different angle (i.e., higher side view and overhead). Did you remove the side rails and what prep was done before painting? Let us know how it holds up especially after use. Thanks

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Different but looks good. IMO maybe chrome paint would look even better and would match the chrome trim around the windows. You can buy chrome paint at any place that sells auto parts. What's that black spot on the roof on the rear driver's side?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does look different.
The prepwork consisted of removing the roof rack from the van. Wet sanding with 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper and priming the surface with automotive primer. Then spraying the individual pieces with the paint.
I actually used the chrome paint. I knew the paint wouldn't come out chrome, but more of a brushed aluminum color I was going for.
I thought about sending the parts to the chrome shop to have them plated, but thought it might be too much "Bling".

As for holding up, We'll have to see. I've already mounted a roof box, and cargo basket, with no problems with the paint.
I'm sure if you strap things to the painted portions, it wouldn't hold up as well as the factory finish.
I just wanted to be different, and with all the "newer" vehicles having the silver rack as an option, I felt this would do a slight "update" to the Odyssey.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts