Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's one of the final steps in this project that took my 2007 EX-L and did the complete NAV/RES retrofit turning it into an EX-L R&N and then installed DVD video on NAV; finally completing the USASPEC PA15HON2 ipod adapter installation and now Sirius radio integation.

Objective of this project was to install Sirius radio and integrate it into the oem NAV system with full on screen functionality. The last thing I want is a Sirius radio (or any other control unit) stuck to my windshield or screwed into the dash somewhere! As always, nothing beats the clean factory look while still maintaining full functionality. I decided against XM radio for various reasons.

Converting an XM ready Honda to receive Sirius reception requires a Honda/Acura vehicle interface (Sirius HON-SC1) and a Sirius tuner (Sirius SCC1) which integrates into the factory radio controls.

Below are pics showing how I installed these Sirius radio components in conjunction with the USASPEC ipod adapter. This setup allows both to work together by pressing XM1 for ipod control and XM2 for satellite radio. I installed these components neatly behind the glovebox and screwed them into the side panel. All wiring was ran neatly along with existing factory wiring using cable shield and wire ties.

My audio screen on the NAV now has a full row of audio options all available using the touch screen!
FM1/FM2/AM/XM1/XM2/CD-CHG/DVD-CD/AUX

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
your work is incredible

BUT

now w/ sirius and XM as 1 co. w/ the same programming, not alot of diff. in either

yes we have both.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes I realize Sirius & XM merged however (like I mentioned above) for several reasons I decided to go with Sirius. Installing XM would have actually been more work for me. Besides I have Sirius in my other cars so adding another vehicle is only $10/mth as opposed to opening a new XM account. :)

Initially I wanted Sirius because of the Sirius Backseat TV. XM does not offer this. However there is no way to integrate it into the factory stereo and I did not want a separate Sirius controller stuck to my dash!

·
Registered
45 Posts
have you noticed any reception issues with the antenna above the sunglass holder and under sheet metal versus direct view of the sky?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Absolutely no problems with reception. It even works in my garage! The factory XM antenna is also on the inside of the headliner on the rear end of the vehicle...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Satellite Question....

Hi King! You do awesome work! I'm buying a 07 EX-L on Tuesday. It has a factory NAV system & DVD. I currently have sirius in the car I'm trading in. Can I call sirius and have them switch the subscription to the Odyssey NAV? If not, can I just call to activate xm? I'd rather stick with sirius and if I need to mod I will. Thanks!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What am I a Sirius radio rep now?? ;) Does your 07 Odyssey have the factory XM radio? Just because it has nav/res and XM ready radio doesn't necessarily mean it actually has the XM module installed.

IF it does, then you will need a new XM subscription. Sirius radio subscription can only be transferred to another car with Sirius radio as far as I know.

If your Oddy does NOT have the XM module, it will be easier for you to install it rather than try to install the Sirius module. I only did that cos my Oddysey did not come with a XM ready radio or any of the wiring. So for me it was actually less work to install Sirius instead of XM. Hope that makes sense...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi King,
I'm wondering how this will work in my '08 touring (nav+RES). Its got an XM reciever I never activated. I'd like to get these modules (HONSC-1 and SCC1) installed in the ody and transfer my sirius lifetime from my truck to the ody (yes, I've checked that sirius will let me transfer), instead of paying for a new xm subscription.

Do you know how the XM reciever is installed, and would removing it be a pain (assuming it even needs removing)? I don't suppose the existing XM antenna would work on the sirius module? If I'm not integrating an Ipod controller, is the rest simple plug and play?

How hard was is to remove the dash components/glovebox, etc?? My truck panels just pop off, but the oddy looks more complex.

Thanks. I'm excited to see this might be a possibility. I too would hate to have an aux unit hanging on the dash somewhere.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi King,
I'm wondering how this will work in my '08 touring (nav+RES). Its got an XM reciever I never activated. I'd like to get these modules (HONSC-1 and SCC1) installed in the ody and transfer my sirius lifetime from my truck to the ody (yes, I've checked that sirius will let me transfer), instead of paying for a new xm subscription.

Do you know how the XM reciever is installed, and would removing it be a pain (assuming it even needs removing)? I don't suppose the existing XM antenna would work on the sirius module? If I'm not integrating an Ipod controller, is the rest simple plug and play?

How hard was is to remove the dash components/glovebox, etc?? My truck panels just pop off, but the oddy looks more complex.

Thanks. I'm excited to see this might be a possibility. I too would hate to have an aux unit hanging on the dash somewhere.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi, I would be interested in how to get the dash apart also.

Does anyone know the radio manufacturer? I would like to add HD Radio to my 2007 Ody Touring. With most radios, adding XM or HD requires installing the appropriate module. I know there are after market add-on units but I wouldd like to stay with OEM if possible.

Thanks, Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts