Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Has anyone got any experience with installing Sirius Satellite radio in a 2011 Ody ? I'm getting an EX trim which does not have satellite radio and have phoned around to find out if it can be installed such as Best buy and future shop. None know how to do it as it is such a new vehicle. Apparently the bracket does not exist as of yet for the installation.

Let me know.
Tks.

·
Registered
196 Posts
^Actually, I don't think there is. The previous thread, I believe, was someone who changed the EX-L XM to Sirius. This thread concerns an EX, which doesn't already have a satellite radio, so it would be a different operation. But, then again, there's got to be previous generation threads that are similar.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are correct. An EX to Sirius. Not EXL. I'm trying to find out what it costs and what type of bracket is needed to convert to Sirius in and Honda EX.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Satellite Radio

Hi, just bought the 2011 ex. I'm wondering if it's possible to have Sirius or xm installed so I can use it through the factory radio? I'd rather not install an external radio. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Derek234, were you able to do this? I just bought an ex as well and want to install satellite to work through factory radio. Can it be done? If so, how?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not yet. I'm waiting for metra online to manufacture the dash part so I can install it in dash. I certainly can be done, and I have a guy at future shop booked to do it. But the part is still not available.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks derek234. Will the Sirius interface be installed behind the dash and then controlled by the Ex head unit? Or, will it be an external radio that is simply connected through aux in?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All

I too have a Honda Odysee EX 2011 and want to install Sirius. derek234 and rband2, have you had any luck so far?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Adding XM Radio to 2006 Touring with Nav

I hope I'm in the correct thread. I have a 2006 Touring (Cdn) with everything except XM on the radio options. I thought that the tuner and antenna for satellite radio would alread be in the unit, and that all I needed to was to change the radio button and plug in a small kit to add the feature. Is this correct? If not how do I add this simple feature to a fully loaded system?

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
I hope I'm in the correct thread. I have a 2006 Touring (Cdn) with everything except XM on the radio options. I thought that the tuner and antenna for satellite radio would alread be in the unit, and that all I needed to was to change the radio button and plug in a small kit to add the feature. Is this correct? If not how do I add this simple feature to a fully loaded system?

If you look at HandA Accessories site, you will see that there is an add on tuner you have to buy to make your XM-Ready radio (if it ineed is XM Ready) get full XM. I am not sure if your Canadian Touring is XM Ready or not but you still need to buy the Tuner if it is. The tuner comes with the necessary additional harness to connect it to your radio.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too am looking for a way to add Sirius. I have an 2011 EX model, i've been told it is NOT Satellite ready... has anyone been successful in adding a unit somehow - besides using an external one?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts