Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jun 2010

Was looking to buy a used Odyssey or Sienna. They have fair market pricing (for a Honda dealership) advertisments on the web. But when you get there, I notice they where charging at least double Admin fee (500+), mandatory lock nuts (200) and mandatory Theft part tracking (500).

I asked what's justifying the cost of admin fee. They said. vehicle prep (others charge half that). Lock nuts, I can get a walmart for 29.95 (19.95 if I wait for a sale). And the dumbest of all was this Theft tracking of parts. They put some stickers on the doors, under the hood and tell me the vehicle is registered with police and would be able to track stolen parts. Who gives a hoot ? If it's stolen that's after the fact. Besides, do you really think I want them to put the vehicle back together after it's been ripped apart.

I also noticed on the lot the Odysseys they had were in so so shape. One would not start, another had some crappy body work done to it (even though carfax came out clean).

Won't be buying from them.

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
valeriemelman said:
.... and mandatory Theft part tracking (500).......*snip*..... And the dumbest of all was this Theft tracking of parts. They put some stickers on the doors, under the hood and tell me the vehicle is registered with police and would be able to track stolen parts........
Amazing. The vehicle is already registered for use on the roads, the extra stickers will do nothing. The only theft tracking scheme that works is a tracking transponder. Once the parts make it into the pipeline, this tracking is pretty worthless.

And they want $500 for that "service".

Time to find another dealer.

OF

·
Registered
482 Posts
valeriemelman said:
Jun 2010

Was looking to buy a used Odyssey or Sienna. They have fair market pricing (for a Honda dealership) advertisments on the web. But when you get there, I notice they where charging at least double Admin fee (500+), mandatory lock nuts (200) and mandatory Theft part tracking (500).

I asked what's justifying the cost of admin fee. They said. vehicle prep (others charge half that). Lock nuts, I can get a walmart for 29.95 (19.95 if I wait for a sale). And the dumbest of all was this Theft tracking of parts. They put some stickers on the doors, under the hood and tell me the vehicle is registered with police and would be able to track stolen parts. Who gives a hoot ? If it's stolen that's after the fact. Besides, do you really think I want them to put the vehicle back together after it's been ripped apart.

I also noticed on the lot the Odysseys they had were in so so shape. One would not start, another had some crappy body work done to it (even though carfax came out clean).

Won't be buying from them.
ya but "i'm hugh sisley - and if my name is on the back of your car you can depend on it" :stupid: pure and utter BS. all GTA dealers are scum

·
Registered
346 Posts
" (even though carfax came out clean)."

Carfax does not evaluate or guarantee accuracy, it just relays what others report and omits what others omit. IF your car has a fender painted at the corner shop, it likely will never show up. IF your dealer reports to Carfax and paints your fender, it might show up on the report. IF a shop wrongly reports your VIN to Carfax as having 100,000 more miles than actual due to a pure error like a typo, it still remains on Carfax. Try to clean that up. Carfax does not research your car, it just collects data no matter how good or bad. To rely upon it is folly, as you now see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts