Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to get snow tires and wanted to save the $160 on the TPMS sensors, Tire Rack said I would get a small light on in the dash, not a large message on the dash screen. I'm OK with that but can anyone confirm that is the case?
thanks

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Idiot lights don't matter; big or small, whatever. You'll lose the ability to disable the traction control and won't be able to rock yourself out of being stuck. Fat lot of good those nice winter tires will do you when the front of the van sinks in a couple of inches of soft snow.

Don't be so cheap - in for a penny, in for a pound.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Without TPMS the van assumes the worst, it thinks it lost communication with the TPMS and that you have a flat tire, it then locks traction control ON so that you don’t spin out of control. Safety ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear you, I'll get them, good points

$1,544.08 after mail in rebateo_O

oh well, still cheaper than an 8 passenger SUV, plus it will postpone the next tire purchase and if it saves one wreck it is worth it. I had them on my old '04 Odyssey and it makes a big difference

·
Registered
15 Posts
I picked up a set of stock 2019 Ridgeline 18's yesterday for a steal of $250. No TPMS though.
Americas Tire wanted $240 for a set of sensors, Costco was a little cheaper at $200, but I bought Honda factory parts that totaled $131 delivered...

You might be able to use the generic eBay or Amazon 433 sensors but why take the chance of a headache.

You need not just the sensors but the washer and nut too:

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
42753-T6N-A01​
Sensor Assembly, TPMS​
$27.75​
4​
$111.00​
42754-TY2-A81​
Nut, TPMS Valve​
$1.59​
4​
$6.36​
42755-TP6-A81​
Washer, TPMS Valve​
$0.58​
4​
$2.32​
Subtotal: $119.68​
Estimated Economy Shipping: $11.09​
Total: $130.77​

There are a few Honda online stores that sell all this stuff at a discount to the dealership.

Now I need to choose which tires to put on for the winter! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Without the sensors both lane assist and collision avoidance become disabled, This happen to me when I. Had a tire repaired and had to drive on the doughnut for a couple days

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts