Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 Odyssey with 170K miles. Been a good vehicle. Both sliding doors recently will not operate by either the button on the dash or by manually opening them to start. Worse, shutting the doors is a challenge. There's some kind of resistance to 'slamming' them shut like you can on other vans. We checked the fuses under the hood and inside on the passenger side and they look ok, though the fuses under the hood are hard to read if they're blown. Help! thanks .

·
Registered
375 Posts
Do a search but most likely it is the center roller. Common Problem. I just changed both of mine out and the doors are like brand new. Pretty easy to do and much cheaper if you do it yourself then go to the dealer. Do a search on center roller. You do not have to access the motors to change it out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
tdpark-so replacing the center roller may repair the door? Sounds like I have a similar problem; my passenger sliding door doesn't work with either the dash button or key fab or engaging the door handle, and when you turn to manual, it is tough to open/close.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts