Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our battery died the other day ('08). When we revived the car, the drivers side passenger door was dead. Like, completely.

The passenger side slider works as before: opens and closes with the remote, from the handle, or from the dashboard butto. If it is locked or jammed, it will beep.

The drivers side slider, on the other hand, is dead. And jammed. I can't open it at all, and when I disable the power to the doors, I cant even open it manually.

There's no response from it at all: not even beeping when it can't open; it is slightly ajar (I can hear road noise through it), but it isn't reporting as open on the dashboard lights.

The only way to lock and unlock it is to move the switch up and down manually, but whether it is in the locked or unlocked position, it "feels" as though it is locked; there is no resistance when you pull the he handle.

I checked the slider fuses: one on the drivers side fuses, and the other in the smaller under-hood fusebox. Both look good.

I've watched some YouTube videos about "resetting" the power doors, and I can see that this may be related to another fuse, but have no way of knowing which one(s).

The only other symptom that has cropped up since the battery died is that the "lock" button on the remote doesn't function. I can still power lock from inside the doors, and the "unlock" button still works on the remote, so no idea if that's related.

I'm leaving on business for a week and leaving my wife at home with our four kids under 9, so any ideas are so very appreciated!

·
Registered
51 Posts
There is a little switch inside the fuel door that prevents the drivers side slider from opening when you are fueling the vehicle. It is common for these to fail thus preventing the door from opening, and quite possibly won't let the door unlock. This could be the case for you.
I am not sure if this would prevent the remote from operating.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts