Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I've research sliding door issues but haven't found this specific problem. My passenger side sliding door is not working well. Most of the time, if you pull the handle to open you hear a noise and then three beeps and the door does not open. It will open with the switch.

I've tried to take a video of the problem. If you turn the volume up, you can hear the noise before the three beeps.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
957 Posts
That's the other way the 'sliding door pop' failure happens. It is a failure of the door release actuator (not the door lock actuator). There should be a number of threads on here about it...

If that does happen, you can 'get around' it by holding the door handle 'open' while pulling on the door. Basically, you can manually do the action the release actuator should be doing. Also, you will be able to open the doors still manually with the power doors switched off.

-Charlie

·
Registered
26 Posts
read this post

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
460 Posts
Yep. Classic symptom of a release actuator. Bit more complex to fix on the 4th gens compared to the 3rd gens but still doable. The thread linked above is a good resource.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the input. I don’t think I was using the right search terms and wasn’t funding the old threads.

I’m reading the old threads and trying to determine if this is something I can tackle. Seems like it is difficult to get the door panel off. I am not a pro DIYer.

also, it still seems that the specific part is not available for this generation and the work around is still used (using parts from older generation)?

thanks again!

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
957 Posts
The part is available for the 4th gen specifically, but it is part of the larger (and MUCH more expensive) assembly in the door. The 3rd gen van part is cheaper, but you have to swap a few greasy parts around between the housings. The door panel is quite easy to pop off as these kinds of repairs go, at least in my experience. I did the 'clean and re-grease' method once already on our driver's side slider.

-Charlie

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your input! I am a little nervous about getting the panel off, but it does seem like it is easier on 4th gen than 3rd (based on watching youtube videos only).

If I was taking it apart, I was thinking of just swapping out the parts while I was in there. You are right that the larger Assembly for the 4th gen is over $200 so trying this method. Can you recommend a source for the part? I see it on amazon but I often see on this forum warnings about buying parts on amazon.

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
957 Posts
Bernardi or any other online dealers. Also check your local Honda dealer(s) - see if they do online parts sales and have a 'pickup' option for the parts - no shipping, and likely good prices...

-Charlie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts