Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger sliding door started acting up and won't latch, I have a few of the TSB's. Enough to get me into trouble. I think I have 2 problems.
1. The release motor is not working.
2. The rear won't latch.
If anyone can email me one or point me to a place where I can download it.
It would be a real asset to my troubleshooting.

Thanks

·
Registered
375 Posts
You need to replace the latch motor assembly; i had the same problem, the rear latch was broken due to corrosion so the door would not stay closed; assembly is about 100 bucks or so. While your at it, probably have to change your center roller- that caused errors when i opened and closed the door. Both things are pretty easy to do from a DIY perspective.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I removed the panel and latch assembly - greased it well and did all the things mentioned on this site and it is working ok. I did end up getting a diagram of the door and was definitely a big help. Do the easy things first. Make sure all you fuses are ok. The whole door works is an engineering nightmare.

Jerry

·
Registered
7 Posts
I removed the panel and latch assembly - greased it well and did all the things mentioned on this site and it is working ok. I did end up getting a diagram of the door and was definitely a big help. Do the easy things first. Make sure all you fuses are ok. The whole door works is an engineering nightmare.

Jerry

When the rear wouldnt latch could you still hear the latch trying to latch? Mine makes noise sucks it in a bit but not enough. My wife wants this fixed NOW!!! lol so I am hoping the cleaning will work for me too but thought i would make sure it is the same issue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That seems to be similar to the problem I had. I did remove the latch assembly and cleaned it then I greased the heck out of it. I now use my doors more often just to keep them from rusting shut. I was fortunate that I did not have to buy any parts. Anyway good luck.

Jerry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts