Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I have 2007 Ody. and the power sliding doors pop open - (they nearly close) in cool beach evening weather or morning weather.

I have been the Scott Robinson's twice. They could not replicate the problem the first time, the second time I showed them a video of the problem. They said they did some adjustment. This evening it happened again.

The door will only close if I open the front door. Is this a weather stripping issue ?

Thoughts anyone. My warranty runs out in 15 days and I trying to get this fixed before then....

Cheers

Dav

·
Registered
450 Posts
davandra said:
Any updates anyone or thoughts....

I am starting to think it is the weather seals.
My '07 does the exact same thing. Started randomly making a loud "pop" before opening. Like the door was in a bind. I took mine to the dealer before the warranty was up. They could not replicate the problem but adjusted the door's rollers and lubed everything. Helped for a short time, but started again a few days later. I took it back again several months later when I had the brake recall done to readjust the rollers... Still makes the noise and sometimes the door will bind and won't open at all on the first try, second time I hit the button on the keychain the door will open. When I go to close the door, the door will jerk and hang up, but will close on the second try. The dealer says the only solution is to swap out the rollers as they are worn. Right now I'm just ignoring the problem... :mad:

Yours will most likely get worse over time...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jackleg1 said:
My '07 does the exact same thing. Started randomly making a loud "pop" before opening. Like the door was in a bind. I took mine to the dealer before the warranty was up. They could not replicate the problem but adjusted the door's rollers and lubed everything. Helped for a short time, but started again a few days later. I took it back again several months later when I had the brake recall done to readjust the rollers... Still makes the noise and sometimes the door will bind and won't open at all on the first try, second time I hit the button on the keychain the door will open. When I go to close the door, the door will jerk and hang up, but will close on the second try. The dealer says the only solution is to swap out the rollers as they are worn. Right now I'm just ignoring the problem... :mad:

Yours will most likely get worse over time...
Sounds like you have the same problem I had... tell them to check the crank assembly release motor... http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108868

·
Registered
450 Posts
Good info! Thanks.. I'll have to look into that when I get the chance.:cheers:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so it looks like they might of fixed it. A tech came to look at the issue and noticed that there was some door alignment issue when he looked at the other side. We have had colder weather and it seems like the problem has not come back.

But these guys did not fix my squeaky fan belt issue. Same thing on a coldish morning (like 57 F), i get a lot of squeak from the fan belt area - well at least I think its the fan belt. But by the time it warms up the it is gone. I cannot replicate the problem, I have even left it at the dealer bu they claim it they have never heard it. Thoughts ?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
My 05 had squeaks when cold and it was related to the power steering pump reservoir . Dealer replaced and have not had the problem since. The major difference is when I say cold, it is closer to 40.

I also had he problem where the sliding door would "pop" open at the very end of the closing. It would close, make the noise that pulls the back of the door close, then pop open. I did find a chain (the same type of chain used for light pulls), at the very end of the track. It fixed the problem. The only real problem with the doors was when I was parked on a large incline (nose up) the door would not close without assistance. Brought it to the dealer and had to replace both set of door rollers. No problems since, doors close quieter and smoother.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts