Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an issue with my passenger side sliding door. A toy got stuck in the door, and now it will not shut using either handle on the door. It will shut if I use the remote or if I use the button on the dash. If I use the handle on the door it will open just not shut, I've tried the #13 fuse to try and reset the doors, but still no luck. Any ideas as to what could be wrong?

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
The door has a cable that runs from the handle to the lower rear corner of the door. When you pull the handle it pushes a plunger out that presses a switch in the lower rear channel of the door frame. Where was the toy caught? If may have damaged either the end of the cable or the switch. It could also caused misalignment of the door so it doesn't reach the switch. Start with the switch. You will have to remove some trim to get to it.

It opens ok because the signal to open goes through the contacts on the lront of the door.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The toy got stuck in the very back of the door when it is fully opened, so on the bottom track and it got pulled all the way back and in between the lower bracket where the cable is, and the very back of the track. I don't think that explains it at all.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
What doesn't explain it? I gave you a simple explanation on how it works and the probable cause. With your further explanation the end of the cable is probably damaged. Regardless there is no majic answer. The end of the cable, door adjustment and switch assembly are going to have to be inspected.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
William Wiles said:
What doesn't explain it? I gave you a simple explanation on how it works and the probable cause. With your further explanation the end of the cable is probably damaged. Regardless there is no majic answer. The end of the cable, door adjustment and switch assembly are going to have to be inspected.
No I meant my attempted explination of where the toy got stuck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts