Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last several days when I open my power sliding doors, they do not open fully. They open about 60% of the way and stop. And it happens to both of them at the same time. They always open fully together or don't together. I brought it to Honda and I couldn't replicate it !! They both worked when I was there. Later in the day I opened them and they both stopped about 60% of the way again. And they they started opening all the way again after that. It's an intermittent problem.

Anyone have a clue what could be causing this?
Tks.

·
Registered
316 Posts
One simple thing to try, ensure the rear windows are all the way up. They may be slightly cracked.

The next time the doors are only opening about 60%, give the rear window switch a quick pull to ensure they're all the way up and see if the doors will open the rest of the way.

Let us know if that makes any difference?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Yes, there is a built safety mechanism that only allow a sliding door to open 2/3s of the way if the window is open. It's to prevent someone from injuring their hand or other body part.

As bar10dah said, check to see if your windows are fully closed and that you don't have faulty windows. If there is something wrong with your windows, I'm really surprised that the service guys didn't catch it!

:rollingeyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts