Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but couldn't find a how-to article on this. This is the black rubber strip on the door sill as you step into the van. I know it should be simple, but I'm not sure how the plate is attached and didn't want to go just popping things off to replace them. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I searched but couldn't find a how-to article on this. This is the black rubber strip on the door sill as you step into the van. I know it should be simple, but I'm not sure how the plate is attached and didn't want to go just popping things off to replace them. Thanks in advance!
I did this couple of weekends ago. I bought replacement rubber strips from Honda dealer (note: you can also buy a whole step plate/rubber strip assembly). The plates snap in place by plastic pins. All you need to do is to apply some force and pull them up. Then rubber strip is simply removed from a channel and new one is inserted and plate snaps back into place. Before snapping the plate back on, make sure to locate and adjust the position of plastic clips. The could break or slide out.

The parts I bought for my 2005 EXL-R&N are
72828-SHJ-A01 Slide Door Weatherstrip Lower | 72828-SHJ-A01
1 $9.27 $9.27
72828-SHJ-A02 Weatherstrip Slide Door 72828-SHJ-A02
1 $9.27 $9.27

Bought them from g1parts.com

Really easy.
Max

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I was told both sides were the same thus ordered two of the (72828-SHJ-A01 Slide Door Weatherstrip Lower). What is the other one?

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Thanks! I was told both sides were the same thus ordered two of the (72828-SHJ-A01 Slide Door Weatherstrip Lower). What is the other one?
You know what, funny you should say that. When I looked at the parts diagram, left and right hand side trim were two different part numbers, which I listed in previous post. I thought maybe there is a bend built-in or they are different length.
Regardless, when I got the parts, I got two of the same thing. So, it could be a Honda thing, but it will definitely work with the same part number based on my experience.
Max

1 - 5 of 5 Posts