Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
What is this part called? I assume it's not the "famous" rear door latch module that often fails. Is it the lock actuator?

Reactions: thscott

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
214 Posts
What is this part called? I assume it's not the "famous" rear door latch module that often fails. Is it the lock actuator?
The black part next to the 3 cables is the release actuator, which is famous in its own way.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
i have no idea what that part is called...but i really hope this helps A LOT of people (once they get the panel off)...make sure the power motor is off as well!

·
Registered
779 Posts
The issue that I was having was that it was getting stuck once in a while and beeping (always when opening the door). At the beginning the door was beeping and trying to open and it would ended up opening at all. But after a while it was just beeping try to open and it was just beep I had to manually pull harder and it it would open. I ended up changing the actuator and problem fixed.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
214 Posts
@pardnme You mentioned having the issues of the door beeping upon opening.

I'm not sure if this happens on 3rd gens as well, but I know a problem like that can be caused by a missing rubber stopper in the door track.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I checked for the rubber thing right away...it's all there...

originally i thought the door was going too far back...then i opened the passenger door as well and it goes just as far back...

but driver side door doesn't beep every time...seems like only when I open it the first time for the whole day... :(

i can live with it for now...just need to start putting my interior back together and maybe spray some more lube on moving parts in the door....

i'm so tired, and i don't want to...but i think i should remove the rear latch assembly now that the panel is off and spray it down as well

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
214 Posts
I checked for the rubber thing right away...it's all there...

originally i thought the door was going too far back...then i opened the passenger door as well and it goes just as far back...

but driver side door doesn't beep every time...seems like only when I open it the first time for the whole day... :(

i can live with it for now...just need to start putting my interior back together and maybe spray some more lube on moving parts in the door....

i'm so tired, and i don't want to...but i think i should remove the rear latch assembly now that the panel is off and spray it down as well
Personally, I wouldn't mess with the rear latch till it starts having issues. If it's latching fine now, leave it alone. It's a pain to get out and an even bigger pain to get back in.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts