Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Odyssey, a couple months ago, my drivers side sliding door stopped opening all the way (even with windows all the way up). At the same time, the window on aforementioned door began to only roll down 3" before stopping inexplicably... Any thoughts?

Track is clean, no visible obsructions... and even on manual mode the door still won't open past that 80% threshold...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Joel

·
Registered
41 Posts
as per design, probably some security issue), (at least on my 2006 ody), if the windows are open, the sliding door opens only 80%.
Also the gas lid: when we close it, it pushes a lever which tells the car not to open the door beyond 80% or door will hit the gas nozzle (if you are filling gas).
Based on the above, do you think some sensors may have gone bad or stuck or broken?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering about a sensor going bad, but do you think there would be a sensor in the window? It won't roll down regardless of door position, vehicle moving or non moving, etc, etc. It just goes down that 2-3" and stops, which granted, could be an outlier, but seems to be related to door problem.

·
Super Moderator
13,931 Posts
The window issue is what is causing your door issue. Get the window to stop rolling down the 3" before you troubleshoot the door/sensors.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't want to start a debate about whether this is a good idea, but in my opinion the "feature" of the doors not opening all the way with the windows down isn't useful with manual doors. It can actually be dangerous when parked on a slope with no way to keep the door open. Here's an easy fix: on the lower "arm" of the door, zip-tie the little lever that pops out when the window is lowered. Photo is from my '14.

·
Super Moderator
13,931 Posts
I don't want to start a debate about whether this is a good idea, but in my opinion the "feature" of the doors not opening all the way with the windows down isn't useful with manual doors. It can actually be dangerous when parked on a slope with no way to keep the door open. Here's an easy fix: on the lower "arm" of the door, zip-tie the little lever that pops out when the window is lowered. Photo is from my '14.

View attachment 162328
I get that you don't want to start a debate. But. How many threads are ya going to bump to post this same thing? :)

Reactions: kernel and thscott
1 - 10 of 10 Posts