Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week we were on a ski trip in our trusty 02 Odyssey. It was snowing lightly, very windy and temps in the mid teens.

Around 2:00 AM, the horn started blowing and lights flashing. After being awaken and realizing it was our vehicle I was able to silence the horn/lights using the remote. After dressing and going outside, the right side sliding rear door was open.

The conditions were the same the previous night and for two nights following…but nothing happened. Any suggestions as to what caused the right door to open, thus triggering the alarm system?

·
Registered
444 Posts
any sign of a break-in?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Negative. There was a laptop computer laying on the right rear seat! So I"m sure it wasn't a break-in. :)

brians said:
any sign of a break-in?

·
Registered
444 Posts
how do the door contacts look? Perhaps there was in intermittent connection triggered from the wind (a little vibration) and the cold.

You could clean them up a bit, and try the door reset procedure.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I assume they are clean...? I may need to check that. I'm not familiar with the door reset procedure. I may need to research that. Thanks!

brians said:
how do the door contacts look? Perhaps there was in intermittent connection triggered from the wind (a little vibration) and the cold.

You could clean them up a bit, and try the door reset procedure.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Just use the pencil eraser on all the door electrical contact points, both on the door and the junction block and your buzzer should stop. They need that cleaning at least once a year. Pencil eraser is the right abrasive; do NOT use sandpaper or any other liquid cleaner. My experience has been that eraser is the best anything else makes it worse including highly touted contact cleaner.

- Vikas

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK...I read about the door resetting procedure and I will do that after I clean the contacts. I have a large eracer that I will use to clean the contacts. Thanks to all for the great info! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts