Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2007 Ody EX L. After having it for less than 24 hours I started hearing a constant tone coming from the rear of the passenger side when the sliding door switch is on and the vehicle is in reverse or drive. Tone goes away when the power sliding door switch is turned off. I just want to know what is causing the tone. Any ideas?

Also while watching the sliding doors operate I noticed that when the driver side slider closes it acts differently than the passenger side. The driver's side closes then the rear latch seems to tighen more than it should. The door panel is sucked in further than the rear panel. After a few seconds the latch releases a bit and the door panel sits flush with the rear quarter panel. Not sure if this has anything to due with the constant tone or not.

My brother tried calling a Honda tech line and they said it might be due to dirt in the latch.

Any help would much be appreciated.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I just bought a used 2007 Ody EX L. After having it for less than 24 hours I started hearing a constant tone coming from the rear of the passenger side when the sliding door switch is on and the vehicle is in reverse or drive. Tone goes away when the power sliding door switch is turned off. I just want to know what is causing the tone. Any ideas?

Also while watching the sliding doors operate I noticed that when the driver side slider closes it acts differently than the passenger side. The driver's side closes then the rear latch seems to tighen more than it should. The door panel is sucked in further than the rear panel. After a few seconds the latch releases a bit and the door panel sits flush with the rear quarter panel. Not sure if this has anything to due with the constant tone or not.

My brother tried calling a Honda tech line and they said it might be due to dirt in the latch.

My guess is the door may for some reason be unlatching itself. Does the dash board detect a door being open? My doors also pull themselves closer and then lets them back out again to be flush.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dashboard doesn't register the door as open.

And only one of the door pulls in tighter and then loosens so the door sits flush. When the other one closes it doesn't tighten the extra bit, it just sits flush to start with. So I don't know if the two doors operating differently is causing the problem or not.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Does the sound continue in park or only in drive and reverse? If only in drive and reverse it thinks a door is open. Check the door switches.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just pickedup my 2007 EX-L last week

If I recall reading the manual correctly, the tone is to warn you the doors are still open if you remove the tranny from Park. I just did this today and heard the tone. This is a safety feature.

Similarly, if your engine is running, you can only auto open the sliding doors when tranny is in Park. There are mods to permit u otherwise.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree, it's like the vehicle thinks the door is open. But, all the dome lights turn off, the dashboard does not indicate an open door, and all doors are securely shut.
Where are the door switches located?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same problem. I posted a thread on it a while back and have some new updates on it. It might help. It links to some other threads that talk about it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is happening to my 07REN

I just started to have this issue with my van...I have no idea...but it happens reversing in the driveway and after putting the car in drive and driving. It doesn't happen all the time, but more often recently.

I've had this van for a little over two months and this is what the dealer has done to it.

Only have 47,000mi
1) Master Cylinder replaced
2) Torque converter replaced (My 1968 w/147,000mi and 40yrs old still has the original Torque Converter in it and it runs awesome) This is the last part of a car to go out...I've talked with several mechanics and they are amazed that it crapped out at 47K.
3) Rear Engine Mount
4) Drivers Seat Heater backlit bulb
5) Battery

I've been to the dealer more times in the past two months than in 12 years owning Toyota's. This is my first Honda and it SUCKS!!!

Sorry if I pissed anyone off....but it's the worst vehicle I've owned. My Ford F150, Dodge Shadow, Nissan Maxima, Mitsubishi Eclipse had tons less issues than this thing has had in two months.

UnFrigginBelievable!

07REN

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hate to bring back an old thread, but I am having this exact same problem on my 08 EXL. Did anyone ever figure out what exactly was the cause of this? I keep finding threads regarding this issue, but there is NO responses saying exactly what the problem was.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts