Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a problem with my drivers side sliding door. Here is what happend. We started getting the "beep" that you get when you are in reverse or drive with a door open, hearing it constantly while we were on a trip. I tried to find the problem, but had to do something, so I figured I could pull the fuse for the buzzer, there was no fuse position listed so I just started pulling out fuses one by one. After many fuses the buzzer stoped, and to my suprise it didn't start back up when I put the fuse back in. Cool! So we could keep on driving, except when I tried to use the lt sliding door it don't work! Rt one works fine just the lt is inop. I looked around the web and tried the different resets with the switch to the lt of the steering wheel and the fixes by pulling the #13 and the 40 amp fuse under the hood but no luck! anyone have any other ideas? It is a 2005 touring.

Thanks for any help
Brett

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
This procedure should be in your owner's manual under reconnecting battery or similar. Let us know. Suggest cleaning the electric contacts both on the door and the jamb and treating them with a spray of DeOxit.

Reconnect the Odyssey's battery, if it is disconnected. The power sliding doors will not reset without the battery connected.

Turn the ignition on. Move the power sliding door switch to "Off," then move it back to "On." This switch is located to the left of the steering wheel. It's labeled "Main."

Press and hold both power sliding door buttons until the doors close completely. If this does not work, turn the "Main" switch to "Off" and manually close the doors, using the inside or outside handles. Turn the switch back to "On." The power sliding doors will reset and their normal functions (including keyless operation) will resume.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Check you owner's manual for maybe a different procedure.

Lightly clean the electrical contacts on both the door and jamb with a pencil eraser and spray a small amount of DeOxit (Radio Shack) on the contacts and try again to reset.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
The door controls are different on the 2005 + Odyssey so the procedures you use on the gen 2 will not necessarily work on the 2005+ odyssey. Someone with a 2005 + manual will have to look up the correct procedure

·
Super Moderator
13,842 Posts
Lightly clean the electrical contacts on both the door and jamb with a pencil eraser and spray a small amount of DeOxit (Radio Shack) on the contacts and try again to reset.
The 3rd gen does NOT have exposed contacts to clean.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same year and model. This was the start of my issues, the constant beep. I was hearing the passenger door unlatch after the door shut and that lead to the constant beep. It went off when i switched the switch to the OFF position and that made driving peaceful. I just have to turn it ON when i wanted to open the doors.

Unfortunately the other night my daughter left a map light on and my battery was drained. I got a boost but for some reason the door doesn't want to power up at all. the Remote, door handle inside and out, and the interior switch all do nothing.

I've tried all the fuses, (two under hood and two inside), no luck. As well as the mentioned reset fix with no luck. The other door works fine though. I can open and close the door with some force but it just feels like I'm going to break something so I am stuck with the one door for access. I hope you fix this so I can as well. I'll be spending the weekend troubleshooting so I'll keep you posted.

GOOD LUCK!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
WOW...what a stroke of luck...

I went outside on my coffee break to mess around with the door and i manually opened it, I took a rag and cleaned off the metal strip (runner?) on the bottom over and over until the door moved freely and all of a sudden the door works! Doubt your fix will be that simple but if it is then you'll be as happy as i am right now.

I'm guessing the prior owner (who did maintenance at his trucking shop) used the wrong type of grease on this and it gummed it up so much that the door just thought there was something from preventing it from opening or closing.

GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is the reset procedure: Disconnect battery and wait a few seconds. To reset the system, fully close the sliding door manually. Once the battery terminals are reconnected or No. 7 (7.5 A) fuse in the driver's under-dash fuse/relay box is replaced, the power sliding door system will automatically reset. Make sure the power sliding door operates properly. If they still don't work then u need to rehone the doors. here is the procedure: Erase the sliding door DTCs by removing the No. 7 fuse from the under-dash fuse/relay box.Turn off the Main switch for the doors. Make sure the ignition switch is in LOCK (0).Fully close the power sliding door manually (the control unit must see the full latch switch and the ratchet switch closed at the same time).Turn the ignition switch to ON (II). Turn on the Main switch.Test the door operation with the power sliding door switch, the remote transmitter, and the door handles.

Let me know how it goes. 2nd and 3rd gen odyssey's do have problems with their slide doors when they get older. Good luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I know this thread is old, but I came here looking for a solution and couldn't find one. I got a hint on YouTube, then created a video about how the problem can be solved for little to no cost (the door latch mechanism just needs lube). Here it is:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts