Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a friends 2015 to fix, that his passenger sliding door suddenly won’t close. It goes almost shut, then opens again. Checked the rollers, hinges, cable. Unhooked the rear hinge so the door can manually be rolled and it rolls free. With this rear hinge/ cable unhooked it acts the same way, goes almost to the front of the track and then reverses and goes back. What senses the load for it to reverse or if there is an object in the way? Been looking at Alldatadiy, but haven’t found the info I’m looking for. Anyone have an answer why it’s doing this ?
Thanks
Thanks

·
Registered
2013 Odyssey Touring, 2018 Volvo V60
175 Posts
Check the following thread. It could be that easy (if only, right?).

He explained that the leading vertical edge of the door contains a pinch sensor behind a rubber seal. If the seal is compressed by an obstruction, say from a finger or an arm, the pinch sensor signals the door to open fully. He noticed that a portion of this seal was compressed and was in an abnormal rolled (tucked) under position. He merely rubbed the seal to allow it to release back to its normal state and the door worked perfectly again.

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
2,269 Posts
What senses the load for it to reverse or if there is an object in the way?
Along with the pinch sensor at the front of the door, there is also a circuit board that senses the current required from the motor moving the door. A sticking or bad roller can also cause the door to reverse. When you get a new OEM rear (errr, middle?) roller assembly, it actually comes with a new controller board that is recalibrated for the updated roller assembly...

Try helping the door along its journey near the end of the travel (push forward/in at the back of the door) and see if you can get it to close that way. That would hint you have a bad rear roller assembly.

-Charlie

Reactions: gobluetwo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have a friends 2015 to fix, that his passenger sliding door suddenly won’t close. It goes almost shut, then opens again. Checked the rollers, hinges, cable. Unhooked the rear hinge so the door can manually be rolled and it rolls free. With this rear hinge/ cable unhooked it acts the same way, goes almost to the front of the track and then reverses and goes back. What senses the load for it to reverse or if there is an object in the way? Been looking at Alldatadiy, but haven’t found the info I’m looking for. Anyone have an answer why it’s doing this ?
Thanks
Thanks
Found the answer to my question on the sliding door. Noticed that on the outside I could see where some of the black plastic sheath was off on the drive cable for the door. Even with the door middle hinge unbolted from the door and the door standing half way open and stationary, the cable and hinge would only travel part way toward the bend in the middle track, stop and back up. So I figured it had to be something with the motor assembly. Operating the motor and touching the pinch sensor would also cause the motor to reverse at any point along its travel. So I knew that was working right. What I found was the cable inside the motor was shedding the black sheath, bunching up and grinding up at the pulley in the motor assembly. Went to Honda and got a new one, problem solved

1 - 5 of 5 Posts