Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this under problems and concerns as well.

Heads up. I was halfway in the passenger sliding door on my 2002 EX-L loading things in when my passenger grabbed the handle (to open the door wider...). The door shut on me and squished me pretty good. Finally I was able to push back hard enough with my shoulder to open it but I'm a very full grown adult and it hurt me. I am really concerned if it should happen to a child! I will be calling my dealer on Monday but wanted to pass this along so people would be extra careful.

------------------
2002 EX-L
replaced front speakers w/ JLA's
Cargo Mat
Cargo Cover
Cassette Player
Heartland console

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think this is something of a known problem, but worth reminding people once in a while. The automatic doors only detect an obstruction once they get to within about 6-12 inches of closing (anybody confirm this?). If they are wider open than that they just try to close with all the force the electric motors can muster - which sounds like it is quite considerable. Seems strange that they are designed this way. The amount of force required to close the doors on a steep uphill gradient must be far less than the force you experienced...

------------------
Richard
2002 Granite Green EX-L
Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats

·
Registered
5 Posts
BLB, did you get your problem resolved? I have a similar problem with aggressive power doors crushing me (posted in Problems & Concerns).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts