Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been having a problem with the drivers side cargo door sticking on my lx van. when the handle is pulled the door only opens about 1/2" from it's closed position and will not move unless i stick my finger on the back side of the door and give a pull with my left hand on the handle. it is a real pain because i have to put my three month old son down on the ground in his car seat/carrier to do this. if i am on a busy street it can be dangerous.
has anyone eles experienced this problem and what was done to correct it? the last time i was at the dealer, they said i needed the $175.00 service which lubricates the door weatherstrips and all hinges. i am quite certain that weatherstrip lubrication is not the problem.

------------------
2000 lx,fern grey,remote starter,honda single disc cd player,honda roof rack with cross rails,honda bra, hidden hitch,csa 5 spoke alloy wheels,15% film over oem privacy glass

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
It may or may not need the lube, but it'll only cost you about $2 to do it yourself with silicone to find out.

Lubing those door seals cures a lot of sticking and rattling problems. If you have either, you should try a swipe of silicone first. It's like chicken soup - it can't hurt.

------------------
Chuck
'01 MB EX-NAV Pics and Projects

·
Registered
31 Posts
what parts exactly need lubing up?

do the rails (exterior, under the painted trim) ever need greasing up? if so, how is this best performed so not to get the paint all greasy as well? would the trim ever have to be removed?

have no sticking on my doors but just wondering for future reference..... thanks in advance

------------------
jay-q
'01 GG EX-N
'91 Accord LX

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
So far, for me, just the seals. I've never bothered with the rails.

Spray some silicone on a sponge or cloth and just wipe down all of the rubber seals on the slider itself and on the body that the slider comes into contact with. If I get the silicone out I just do front doors, sliders and liftgate.

------------------
Chuck
'01 MB EX-NAV Pics and Projects

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 05-05-2001).]

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i used silicone emulsion i bought from a gm dealership parts dept. i comes in a 50ml bottle with its own applicator. i applied it two weeks ago and the cargo door has not caused a problem since.

------------------
2000 lx,fern grey,remote starter,honda single disc cd player,honda roof rack with cross rails,honda bra, hidden hitch,csa 5 spoke alloy wheels,15% film over oem privacy glass

1 - 5 of 5 Posts