Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent a long time searching but can't find anything related directly to my issue.

2007 Odyssey EX. The passenger door when opened electrically keeps pulling after it should auto-stop when fully opened. The door beeps three times when this happens, and I can tell the door is trying to be pulled past the fully open position, the door/motor makes a noise as it works hard. Most of the time the door will close when the button/handle actuates the door motor, but sometimes I have to turn off the sliding door switch, and I can see some tension released from the door, when powering the door back up it usually will close with the motor but sometimes I have to turn the power back off and close it manually.

Tried the door reset protocol of pulling the fuse, opening manually and closing right then left doors with the motor but no improvement.

I feel like there is some sensor that is not sensing when the door reaches the point where the motor should turn off.

Would really appreciate any help.

Thank you

·
Registered
788 Posts
Since nobody has an answer I'll at least guess! Maybe it will give you some things to look over till someone responds with more useful info.

One thing that comes to mind is the latch assembly at the bottom of the door. It's under the black plate that has the 'no step' symbol on it (#22 & #18 in lower left corner of pic.)

Auto part Diagram

Under that plate is the assembly that I think signals that the door is at the limit. Something might be stuck or damaged there or a cable might be broken.

Like I said, I'm totally guessing right now. Give me some time and I'll see what else I can find for you. Hopefully somebody else will chime in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Shot in the dark, try rolling down the window as it makes contact at a different/sooner stopping position. BTW, it doesnt take much to mess up the upper roller. I tweaked it on accident when i was trying to adjust the door itself.

i need to replace a switch in the rear latch mechanism this weekend. I will check to see if i see anything similar in the lower roller

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same issue. three beeps when pressing the unlock button. driver side sliding door will not unlock unless you hold the mechanism up into the unlocked position. I changed the door lock actuator, no effect. I would buy a new fuel door sensor if I could find one. maybe a junkyard. but a shot in the dark as to it being any good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.