Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 with 25K miles. Passenger side door is very very difficult to open manually by pulling on the handle. Took to the dealer today and the Service Manager agreed it is not right. However, he tells me there is no adjustment to be made on the door and if they tried it might really mess something up and the door might leak, wind noise etc. Says there is nothing they can do.

Door opens fine with remote and dashboard switch.

$34K for a nice van and the sliding door doesn't work right and nothing they can do about it. Is this bull or does anyone have any experience with a similiar issue? I did a search and did not find anything like this.

It really is hard to pull on the handle and open the door. Grandkids can't do it at all.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
It is time to talk to the Honda regional manager. That service manager should be fired. If his mechanics can't fix it without screwing it up he needs new service techs. Don't accept his answer, go over his head.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting William!!

I called the dealer Service Manager and asked for the name and number of the Honda regional manager. He said he did not know his schedule, but asked if I could bring the van back in Monday and one of his "Master Mechanics" could take a look at it again.

Looks like just the threat of speaking with the Honda manager may get results.

Appreciate the advice. I'll let you know the outcome Monday.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took the van back to the dealer this AM. Mechanic adjusted the latch and now both sliding doors open and operate just fine. He said it was taking 46 pounds of pull to open the pass side door and now it's about half of that. Huge improvement.

Question is why did the Service Manager tell me on Thursday the doors could not be adjusted.

Why did I have to threaten to call the Honda regional mgr.

I suppose I will never know the answer to that but thanks to William for the suggestion.

We pay way too much for the new Honda Odyssey to accept shoddy workmanship and quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts