Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a sun shade big enough for the sliding door windows?

------------------
2002 SS EXL-RES
Subwoofer,fog light,
mud guard,hood deflector

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just use the vinyl static cling jobs from your local "fuzzy dice" supplier, But use two. I wouldn't use any other kind because when the door opens it slides super close to the rear of the van. You might also consider making a curtain that hooks to the middle and rear coat hanger hooks.

------------------
'91 Sentra SE-R
'57 Chevy Belair Sport Coupe.
If at first you don't succeed...so much for skydiving.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Cool! But given the prices, I think I gotta side with Ken on the cling stuff...

The Japanese love their toys, but they sure pay for them!

·
Registered
22 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hobokenskyline:
Does anyone know where I can get a sun shade big enough for the sliding door windows?

</font>
You can get one at Toys r Us made by Safety 1st. It is a roller shade that slides out horizontally instead of vertically so it covers the entire side window. In fact, there are actullay two ends that come out of the same central roller. You simply suction the roller in the center of the window and then pull the right side toward the front and the left side toward the back.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you go with the suction cup rollershade you'd better check that it hasn't fallen everytime you open or close the door. Otherwise you could realy scratch the side of your van.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
I have shades on my side windows for my kiddos. They are perfectly sized, work great, and look great. Also, no fear of them falling off, but even if they do, they are ultra light, wouldn't cause any damage.

They are made by The First Years. These are actually intended for rear windows, but fit almost perfect on the Ody side windows.. Check it out:

http://www.thefirstyears.com/products/product.asp?pValue=3384

I'll try to snap a picture to post later tonight or tomorrow if there is interest. FYI, I had to modify the lower anchor "hooks" a little to make them fit on the Ody doors..

P.S.- yes, they are held at the top with suction cups, but I've never had a single suction cup come off. As long as you use a little water when applying them, and get them on right, you should never have a problem. My side shades have been on for 2 months, no problem.

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts