Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drivers side sliding door will not close all the way. When you use either remote or pull handel the door will close almost all the way, then before latching re-opens.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Take the door apart

Sounds like the internals of your door handle are getting stuck. I had a similar problem with my 2000 ex. Passenger door. The mechanism that transfers the door handle pull from either the inside or the outside, had a problem returning to it's starting position, due to a faulty spring. I ended up lubing the mechanism and adding my own spring so that the piece has tension pulling it back to it's original position. It was a free fix, instead of buying a new one. Before taking it apart, bang on the inside panel by the handle a few times to see if it losens it up, and then attempt to close the door again using the switches in the front. Do not use the either door handles. If the door closes it is that part that is faulty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
check weatherstripping too to see if sagging

Hi --this might sound obvious, but it happened to me:

My 2005 Ody door would close halfway and then stop and retract again.
I noticed the black weatherstripping gasket was hanging slightly over the edge. I pushed it back in, and then the door closed normally

·
Registered
22 Posts
Make sure nothing is in the lower track above the rocker panel or in the upper track along the roof line. I used WD-40 and a roll of paper towels to clean them out and regreased them with a clear silicone grease, making it easier to see when dirt accumulates on the track contaminating the grease. The third track, however, is the one along the rear quarter panel above the rear wheel. It is more difficult to clean and relube though, I remove the painted track cover. The rollers are made of nylon/plastic and will wear out when their lube dries out and fail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts