Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, but my 02 EX ody has a problem. The door opens and closes fine with dash switch. Opens fine when using handle, but when closing using the handle, it sticks and you have to push it from the rear. Bout halfway, it then starts to go. Anyway, any suggestions, I looked through some past threads but didn't seem to get an answer. This only applies to the passenger side sliding door btw.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
As in many threads the door handle moves a cable that contacts a switch in the lower rear door frame to tell the controller to close rhe door. Try pushing the door back(open) when pulling the handle. It is possible the door is out of adjustment causing it not to contact the switch. It is also possible the rollers are worn or bad allowing too much playWith the door open check how much play rhere is when you push the door open.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ack! I have a similar problem. Power passanger side door opens/closes with dash switch. Opens/closes with remote. Opens/closes with interior handle. But exterior handle suddenly is open only. I've tried spraying the contacts w/WD40, and also the pivot points on the exterior handle.

Will try the reset with the power switch off one more time, but I am not terribly interested in taking the door apart when we still have so much functioning in the door.:um:

·
Registered
21 Posts
William Wiles said:
Contacts cannot cause the problem as they aren't doing anything with the door open. Try what I suggested above.
Thanks for the pointers. The reset procedure does not help. The next step is to inspect the rollers and de-grit the channel. Darn kids think the channel is a step!:mad: They insert their feet in it when getting in, which gets all sorts of crud (leaves, sand, even the occasional Lego or candy wrapper) where the door bottom rolls.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't remember who had originally posted these, but did you try THESE reset procedures?

Re-homing the Power Sliding Doors
1. Close the power sliding door.
2. Turn the power sliding door main switch OFF.
3. Slowly open the power sliding door manually.
4. Turn the power sliding door main switch ON.
5. Press and hold the power sliding door switch to close the door you just opened manually. Continue to hold the switch until the door is completely closed.
6. Do steps 1 thru 5 on the other power sliding door.

·
Registered
21 Posts
andyf80 said:
I don't remember who had originally posted these, but did you try THESE reset procedures?

Re-homing the Power Sliding Doors
1. Close the power sliding door.
2. Turn the power sliding door main switch OFF.
3. Slowly open the power sliding door manually.
4. Turn the power sliding door main switch ON.
5. Press and hold the power sliding door switch to close the door you just opened manually. Continue to hold the switch until the door is completely closed.
6. Do steps 1 thru 5 on the other power sliding door.
Yep, tried that. And it's only the passenger side door handle that won't operate the "close". I think William may be onto something re: play in the door - or it being out of alignment slightly due to crud in the track. Or the kids broke the cable or switch by 4 years of yanking the handle with their full body weight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts