Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 odyssey took it to a dealership in regards of the recalls but both sliding doors won’t close after several attempts will close here in San Diego called ball Honda in national city ca said it was going to take : days to be fixed but no loner on-site give me three phone number called DCH mission valley none answered call Claremont Mesa said 3 days to fix all recalls dropped today 4/7/2021 at 7 am got a call at 12:30 pm that’s was ready I was surprised it was fast picked up drove to gas station got a message on the cluster saying update in progress when back to the dealer they had no idea what happened apparently it was done I told the person whom helped me what I was told I. Two different dealers answered where different company’s but still not been fix so whims right?? I’ll take it tomorrow again 4/8/2021 can someone help me !!

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L, Platinum White Pearl on Mocha Brown Leather
1,144 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a complicated deal. I would take it back to the dealer that worked on it last and politely ask to talk to the service manager and explain your situation. That should resolve most of your problems. If not, you have a right to reach out to Honda USA, but I would only escalate it if all the other options are exhausted.

As for the loaner, you usually need to schedule ahead of time and request a loaner for them to have one for you. But some will only do it if it the instructions call for a certain amount of hours to perform the recall and/or specifically covers a loaner.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: digitalextremes

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
1,285 Posts
What exactly happens? The door closes but before it closes all the way it reverses?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a complicated deal. I would take it back to the dealer that worked on it last and politely ask to talk to the service manager and explain your situation. That should resolve most of your problems. If not, you have a right to reach out to Honda USA, but I would only escalate it if all the other options are exhausted.

As for the loaner, you usually need to schedule ahead of time and request a loaner for them to have one for you. But some will only do it if it the instructions call for a certain amount of hours to perform the recall and/or specifically covers a loaner.

Hope this helps.
Thank appreciated

·
Registered
543 Posts
Find a different dealer, if the issue is still not fixed. This should be rather a straight forward resolution. The dealer would inspect the tracks, the lock mechanism in the door and the striker along with the door alignment. My guess is, they did not do everything to resolve the issue.

BTW, not using punctuations makes it very hard to understand the issue.

Reactions: DJVAN

·
Registered
2018 EX
1,795 Posts
Find a different dealer, if the issue is still not fixed. This should be rather a straight forward resolution. The dealer would inspect the tracks, the lock mechanism in the door and the striker along with the door alignment. My guess is, they did not do everything to resolve the issue.
BTW, not using punctuations makes it very hard to understand the issue.
(y) on the punctuation :). The doors are a huge part of the safety checklist on any car. The dealer needs to jump on this fast. If any door is malfunctioning, you can't legally drive the car. If I recall correctly, a few years ago one member reported side doors that would open randomly while the car was in motion. Yikes!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts