1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hood Automotive lighting Fin Fender Fish
Motor vehicle Gas Automotive wheel system Plumbing Pipe
Hi all,

Greetings. I did oil change this week and noticed some oil leak under the pan. I am pretty sure the leak wasn't there in last change. Also, I use Fumoto valve for years and no leak from the drain plug.

Is this oil pan gasket related?

Aldo I see some leaks in the top of the engine near the drive belt. could this be related?

Pictures below. Thanks for suggestions

·
Registered
196 Posts
Power steering pump leak. Time for a rebuild. Fluid level may be within limits now, but likely at max originally. This is pretty common. Some will tell you it's the inlet port o-ring, but in my experience that never fixed it, so a full pump rebuild was the only way to solve it. Be sure to keep an eye on the fluid level and top off as needed.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
looks like you have two separate leaks... the power steering pump leak is minor, common issue on these is the rubber o ring on the plastic elbow that the return hose goes to.

cheap part and takes a half hour to change.

the engine oil leak, take a look at the spool valve just up top of the alternator, the oil dipstick goes through it, also a common on these to leak.

otherwise judging from that location I would look at the oil filter area, oil switch, possibly the crank seal, although uncommon on these at that mileage.

get some bright light in there, and take the passenger wheel off for a better look.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, my mechanic just did this for my other car becuase the old pump was making lot of noise.
As long as it is not related to engine leaks which are difficult to fix, I am happy. Thx for the pointer.

-maadfw

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm pretty certain it's the same leak. Fix the known leak(s) first, starting with the highest point. That gold color on the oil pan tells me it's not motor oil. Touch it and check the color and smell. Your low mileage also tells me it's not likely for engine leaks. Power steering, yes, I've seen it on an Odyssey with less than 90k.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the helpful answers. I did take a closer look at it seems like this could be a same leak. I do agree with the fix the known issues first and observe approach. I see some fluids down below the highlighted area. I will fix this and see. Is there anyway to clean that area to observe for new leaks?
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Gas Automotive exterior Cable

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts