Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi !

I'm from Russian Federation and interesting to purchase the Odyssey. Very interesting vehicle, but absolutely unpopular in Europe and Russia, don;t know why.

In advertisement from our local car traders (which resell cars from USA/Canada) I'v seen a couple of 2008 and 2010 Odysseys, which are equipped (as written) with 3.0L engine (not 3.5L) and were 4WD (AWD), not FWD.

I slightly doubt about it, because on USA auctions I never seen similar configuration...

Anybody, consult me or point to a forum thread...

Thanks,
Maxim

·
Super Moderator
13,878 Posts
Are you sure they're the big USA/Canda Odysseys and NOT the smaller JDM and European ones? The smaller European ones have smaller engines and have AWD so perhaps the ones in the Ad and not really the standard US versions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply.

The photos included in ad pictured exactly USA Odyssey. The Japanese Ody's are often used in Russia, but they are different Odysseys obviously.

As I understand, Honda doesn't sell these minivans in Europe (excluding Honda Shuttle, which was like a first generaton of USA/Japan Ody, but it was just in mid/end 90's).

So, you want to say, that North American Ody's (3rd generation) have never been manufactured with 3.0L and/or 4WD configuration ?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
13,878 Posts
Thanks for reply.

The photos included in ad pictured exactly USA Odyssey. The Japanese Ody's are often used in Russia, but they are different Odysseys obviously.

As I understand, Honda doesn't sell these minivans in Europe (excluding Honda Shuttle, which was like a first generaton of USA/Japan Ody, but it was just in mid/end 90's).

So, you want to say, that North American Ody's (3rd generation) have never been manufactured with 3.0L and/or 4WD configuration ?

Thanks.
Yes. If you specifically say 3rd gen US Ody then they have always had the 3.5L engines and Ody has never had a AWD option in the US.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, dvpatel !

Today I talked with seller and he promised and guaranted during call, that 3.0L AWD is a truth and, as he says, it is a canadian Ody version. We were talked about 2010 Ody as looked on a pictures as 3rd generation.

I tried to find configurations for canadian Ody's, but not sure they are really exist. It seemed that canadian cars are exactly same as American.

Consult me, please, or direct to a newbe topic :)

Thanks.

P.S. Link for a car page (in Russian only, sorry, but with pictures) Ïðîäàæà Honda Odyssey 2010 Âëàäèâîñòîê

·
Super Moderator
13,878 Posts
That is a 2010 Touring and you are right, US and Canadian Odys have the same specs and AWD was never offered in either the US or the Canadian Odys and the engine has always been 3.5L on these.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I also did a little research from the map in the NAVI. It looks like the pics were taken at the car auction in Davie, FL just outside of Miami.

So chances its a US Spec. Your seller needs to get you some pics of the van as it is now.

Also 30K US for a 35K VAN in Russia.. You cant even get those here for that price with that mileage (23K). Something not right here.. might be the cop in me.

Good luck.

See map here..

5013 Southwest 51st Street, Davie, FL - Google Maps

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hi !

I'm from Russian Federation and interesting to purchase the Odyssey. Very interesting vehicle, but absolutely unpopular in Europe and Russia, don;t know why.
Maybe its because Europe loves the Fiat 500's, Peugeot, Opel, Renault, electric and so on.

P.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am in Canada and the odysseys here and in the US are made in the same plant - Alabama. So you can ask the seller to open the front door and see where the car is made and tell you. If it is in Alabama - it is the American vesion.

·
Registered
786 Posts
The speedometer is written in miles, not kilometers, so I'm guessing it has to be a US model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also 30K US for a 35K VAN in Russia.. You cant even get those here for that price with that mileage (23K). Something not right here.. might be the cop in me.
Agree with you, because even Yahoo!Autos returns other prices for Touring around 30K odometer.

And seller tells that this is a final price in Russia, so including custom payments which is around $18K for this year.

Suppose this car was in damage and repaired.

Minimal custom tax(payment) in Russia is for vehicle in 3-5 years old and depends on engine capacity, so for example for 2006 Ody I must pay to custom: 3500 cc (engine) * $5 approximately $18K ONLY PAYMENT TO A CUSTOM. Very expensive.

What are the custom payments in US when importing a vehicle ?

Thanks all who replies.

·
Registered
786 Posts
What are the custom payments in US when importing a vehicle ?
I believe it depends a lot on how long you have owned the vehicle for.

·
Registered
25 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts