Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys......have any of you run a 215/70-16? i didnt know if they were too narrow for the wheel? as many of you know, a narrower tire is better for the white stuff. i didnt know if they were a really tight fit, or were all good? anyone:dunno: tia!

@ Saabken........i'll never buy anything from the stealership unless it's my very last option - wether they store my all-seasons or not!
I'll probably buy a set of winterforces off eBay as they actually seem like a real SNOW tire - not like my totally fawking useless pirellis i have on my other car - i'd consider them a 'winter' tire - even the little snow we had last year, my car couldn't go anywhere and they even had 60% left on them.

·
Registered
249 Posts
hey guys......have any of you run a 215/70-16? i didnt know if they were too narrow for the wheel? as many of you know, a narrower tire is better for the white stuff. i didnt know if they were a really tight fit, or were all good? anyone:dunno: tia!

@ Saabken........i'll never buy anything from the stealership unless it's my very last option - wether they store my all-seasons or not!
I'll probably buy a set of winterforces off eBay as they actually seem like a real SNOW tire - not like my totally fawking useless pirellis i have on my other car - i'd consider them a 'winter' tire - even the little snow we had last year, my car couldn't go anywhere and they even had 60% left on them.
Sorry, just saw your post.

So no love for the stealerships, eh ? ;) Different strokes for different folks. I need A/S tires+wheels storage so I may as well bite the bullet with Hon-duh.

For my two previous vehicles (Saab, Acura) I ran Nokians with total satisfaction. Latest set was Hakka 4s which were no less than amazing. They came studded but I had a local tire shop de-stud them. Kal-Tire sells them new. I bought mine used with only 1500 miles on them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx ken.......i can get the winterforces shipped for $430....smokin deal.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
215/70-16 does fit on 3rd gen stockers...pix

well.....most of you know that a narrower tire is better for winter, especially for snow! the 215 width is the skinniest we can put on our 7" wide rims (a little stretched, but not too bad). I decided to mount only two snowies on the stockers due to finances, and i'm not going to dick around with the TPMS bullsh*t and greasing the dealer to reprogram - midas well pay less to re & re the tires at my "cash guy's" shop. hope this helps if anyone was wondering if they'd fit.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

Re. Having only two winter tires on the front wheels, see this video from transport Canada. The interesting/scary starts 1:30 minutes in.

I'm always puting four winter tires on... :)

Nicolas

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is what it is, 2 are better than none. I'm glad you are in the financial position to buy 4....

·
Registered
513 Posts
We don't have a choice here, we have to have 4 winters on Dec. 15th.

Anyhow, good luck and be careful.

Nicolas

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea.....thx. in BC, the snow generally isn't too bad (except for 3 yrs ago). the ody is just a city van.....i use my mustang for the DD......60kms round trip to work n back. the snow tires on the ody feel almost normal....my mustang is another story. i have performance winter tires on the front, and knobby ones on the rear....wow, is it ever wobbly......i would almost say dangerous - just hard to get used to i guess. gl to u and drive safe.......215 snowies ftw!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts