Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to get my third Odyssey. I had the 2006 Metallic Slate Green (actually the pretty silvery blue one, even though it's called green...) and can't decide on the new color. I really had my eye on the Polished Metal but my dealership doesn't have that in the EX-L Nav that I want. So it's down to these two - which do you guys prefer -- Smoky Topaz or white Diamond? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I think Smokey topaz looks better on an ex. (mostly because of thr missing foglights) Wdp looks better on touring.

Also I though ex gets taffeta white only tourings get wdp.

We wanted a light color because we live in FL and it does make a difference.
GA summers aren't any better then ours.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have '11 smoky topaz-- love it.. If i'll do it again i'll go with WDP with beige interior!! just personal choice

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses! PhilZJ, that's interesting about the WDP only being offered on tourings. After reading this, I went and checked the Honda website and that is indeed what they show on their color chart. Yet on my dealership's website they show two EX-L's in WDP, one with truffle interior and one with beige interior. Hmmm... I'll have to really check it out in person, I guess. And funny - until finding this forum tonight, I had no idea that there any real exterior differences in the EX compared to the Touring. Just looked at the photos and found the fog lights on touring! Learning so much here! :) Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Also in differences the window frame on touring is a shiny black on ex it's mat black.
Also the wheels and the chrome garnish between tail lights.
I think that's all the cosmetic stuff. All else is functional, such as turn signals on the mirrors, parking sensors etc.

Incase it helps, we have a taffeta white beige interior.
We were thinking of silver exterior, but my wife and I really didn't like truffle interior.
(which makes us a big minority on the forum, most love truffle).

I would have loved wdp, but wasn't available a year ago.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PhilZJ, you were correct. The EX-L only comes in Taffeta white. I went and drove the new Odyssey and was disappointed that the dealership had listed them incorrectly in their computer inventory list. Oh well... The only colors they have available with Nav are Taffeta, Smoky Topaz and the light blue. (Love the light blue, but it's identical to my old Odyssey...) Decisions, decisions... I really like the look of Polished Metal online, but the dealership said they would have to special order it... I'm not good at being patient! :rollingeyes:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
PhilZJ, you were correct. The EX-L only comes in Taffeta white. I went and drove the new Odyssey and was disappointed that the dealership had listed them incorrectly in their computer inventory list. Oh well... The only colors they have available with Nav are Taffeta, Smoky Topaz and the light blue. (Love the light blue, but it's identical to my old Odyssey...) Decisions, decisions... I really like the look of Polished Metal online, but the dealership said they would have to special order it... I'm not good at being patient! :rollingeyes:
How did you like the EX-L?

We were very patient with our van, we plan on keeping it for many years, so I wanted to be exactly what we wanted. We put a deposit down on ours Oct 1st 2010, and took delivery Dec 3rd. So a pretty long wait. The only reason why it was inconvenient for us, was because we were trading my wife's Accord Coupe for it, so having the van sooner would have been nice. Though, looking back on it, I'm glad we didn't compromise on color / package. (we wanted the beige interior and a light exterior). They had a beige / beige TE on the lot, they kept asking us to buy that, but beige exterior :noo:
They also said they could bring in a Black exterior from another dealer, but I had a black Jeep a few years back, and it was brutal in the heat.

Anyways, for what it's worth I like the smokey topaz color, but it's darker than I would have wanted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Phil, I loved the new Odyssey! It drove fabulously, and I love all the new bells and whistles! My kids really liked it, too. Now just working out the details/price/etc. Again, I wish they had more color choices in stock, but they tell me the 2012's are just hard to get, period. We'll see... :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts