Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone.

Im new to this forum, but not new to forums. I just wanted to share my thoughts with you and hope I can contribute to others.

Recently, I made a friend with an Orange County Honda Dealership parts manager. Im able to get a set of floor mats for $40 since they are overstock for my 2007 EXL. He said anything else I want I can get 20% off his pricing.

I asked him to get me pricing for the following items below. These prices are from Hondaautomotiveparts.com (HAP). I've been buying parts from this website for 8 plus years. Their shipping is accurate and also their prices are hard to beat. They deliver next day if you live in So. Cal, but they deliver nation wide. I'm not selling for HAP, but giving everyone a heads up with a site I really have great success ordering from. Btw, eBay couldn't beat their prices.

Trailer hitch $214.57
Wheel hub cover 4 units $ 21.88, this is the 3" round "H" cover.
Cargo Tray $ 82.31
Cabin Air Filter $ 19.00

Anyway, my new friend couldn't beat the price. He said this online store has great prices and most dealerships cannot come close to their prices. As for me, by the time I pay for California's .0975 tax and shipping, I still come out ahead and I get parts next day without extra charge.

As always, before you order online, do your homework.

Anyone have another Honda Parts site they like to order from?

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Yes, for "big ticket" items, I buy online.

For small little parts such as PS Reservoir (online $10, local $13), I went with my local dealer because:
- I can have the part instantly if my need is urgent
- I don't have to pay for shipping

Otherwise, for "big ticket" items, I buy online.

Many Honda dealers still operate as if this is still 1980s with no internet. If they want your business, they should price-match with online prices.

·
Registered
407 Posts
You guys think you have it tough. Up here in Canada, we get majorly screwed! Even with the dollar at par, we still pay anywhere from 40-100% premium for accessories. Whatever the market will bear I guess.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
You guys think you have it tough. Up here in Canada, we get majorly screwed! Even with the dollar at par, we still pay anywhere from 40-100% premium for accessories. Whatever the market will bear I guess.
Then just buy from YourHondaParts.com. You pay extra shipping and it takes 2 weeks but it is shipped via USPS (no brokerage fees like UPS), CDN dollar at par and you are still well off $-wise.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i just looked over the Hondaautomotiveparts.com www site and the prices are good.

i'll prob start ordering the parts for the hitch and required coolers.

thanks!

joel

·
Registered
407 Posts
Then just buy from YourHondaParts.com. You pay extra shipping and it takes 2 weeks but it is shipped via USPS (no brokerage fees like UPS), CDN dollar at par and you are still well off $-wise.
Correct me if I'm wrong but of the 4 items the OP was looking at, half of them were accessories. I looked and I don't think YourHondaParts.com carries accessories.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
I seriously doubt that the online dealers pay less. For my S2000, I have the Siguero Uehara,the father of The S200 (and Acura NSX), sign my radio door with a Sharpie at an S2000 event and decided to not reinstall it. The assembly is made up of a bunch of parts. Since I was going to my local dealer in the OC for some service work, I took a printout from an online store to the Part's Dept and asked the guy what his prices were for the parts. For about $50 in parts online (about $80 retail), the dealer wanted over $100. I showed him my printout and the price came down to about $80. He kept hitting some keys and the price on the screen kept coming down until it was within a few $$ of the internet price so I bought them there. Factually, they have certain margins they need to make but I can't believe that they will let you walk away if you are buying $50 or more of parts. Honda tried to stop Hondacare from being sold online but they can't stop part sales.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I seriously doubt that the online dealers pay less. For my S2000, I have the Siguero Uehara,the father of The S200 (and Acura NSX), sign my radio door with a Sharpie at an S2000 event and decided to not reinstall it. The assembly is made up of a bunch of parts. Since I was going to my local dealer in the OC for some service work, I took a printout from an online store to the Part's Dept and asked the guy what his prices were for the parts. For about $50 in parts online (about $80 retail), the dealer wanted over $100. I showed him my printout and the price came down to about $80. He kept hitting some keys and the price on the screen kept coming down until it was within a few $$ of the internet price so I bought them there. Factually, they have certain margins they need to make but I can't believe that they will let you walk away if you are buying $50 or more of parts. Honda tried to stop Hondacare from being sold online but they can't stop part sales.
Yes, I agree. Someone can always go to their local dealer and haggle prices. However, how many of those will really do that in hope the dealer will meet the online price. If you need the parts the same day, why not drive to the dealer and see if they will match the online price. Three of my local dealers will not. Why bother with the drive, wait in line, shame, embrassement ..etc trying to get the same price as on-line. On-line has it's advantages if you know exactly what you want. You don't have to pay for tax, although shipping is somewhat like tax, but more importantly, it gets dropped off your door.

My order was for over $350 and they couldn't meet the price. I was honestly told the price on-line is the best it can get. Now, why can't certain dealers get parts cheaper than others...this is what they call bulk pricing. It is similar to dealers selling cars. The dealers that out perform others get bulk pricing and get first priority in many aspects.

Im not pushing Hondaautomotiveparts.com. I was just sharing my experiencing in hope someon else will have the same positive outcome as I do. This is how I came to learn about the online store. I am also a member of honda-tech.com. I'm just passing it along. Like I said, I get my parts next day and I save (no haggling needed). The depot must me close to my home.

·
Registered
510 Posts
i agree. it's not worth to buy at a local dealer if the dealer is not going to have it in stock as most dealers that I am familiar with make you come to the dealer to order/pay upfront and then return to pick-up. unless you happen to drive by the dealer anyway, it's a pain. In my example, I had the Ody in for an oil change anyway so I made the inquiry and it worked out fine. That said, i had to go back to pick up my stuff when it arrived.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts