Honda Odyssey Forum banner

HOW MANY ODY MEETS SHOULD WE HAVE IN ONE YEAR?

• Once A Year

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Twice A Year

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Every Two Months or Six Times A Year

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Every Three Months or Four Times A Year

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Every Four Months or Three Times A Year

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Doesn't Matter

Votes: 3 11.1%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings everyone,

I'm getting messages from some members asking about Meet number three already. :) Wow, I guess we sparked a lot of interest this time. What I would like to know from you all is how often do you all think we should have an Ody Meet (in a year)? I need everyone's feedback on this.

Ideally, I want our Ody Meets to be very family-oriented. I know some of us attend to know more about other member's mods. Others simply want to meet new friends. ;); and others want to simply take pics. :D

I simply loved the feedback that I got from the second Meet. I'm glad that everyone enjoyed - even the children. It gave me some indication that the meet was not only fun for the members, but also for their family; ;) and that was really what Ben and I wanted to happen.

I spoke to several members from the first Meet to get their input on how many Meets we should have in a year. The feedback that I was getting was "at least two a year, three would be great." I agree. We should have the next Meet on a regular weekend compared to a long weekend because I'm well aware that some of you had prior commitments when we had the last Meet.

Other members suggested that we have road trips to various locations around Southern California (i.e. San Diego, San Juan Capistrano, Newport/Huntington Beach, Honda Headquarters in Torrance ;), etc.). That's a great suggestion. Have one BIG convoy and just drive around Southern California. Let me know what you all think.

MNKIMURA gave me a great link with a list of Southern California Scenic Drive locations:

Southern California Fun Places

Thanks Mike. Your a pal!

Thanks in advance for everyone's vote.

How Many Meets Should We Have In One Year?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I voted for two times a year, but I really want 3x a year. Silly me, didn't read all the instructions.

If you want to do a convoy down to San Diego, I'll definitely try to be "in". I can tell ya'll the good places to go. Legoland would be a lot of fun. There's also a nice big park on Mission Bay right next to the 5. Old Town would be soooooo much fun but we'll never get everyone parked.

·
Registered
297 Posts
3 times a year sounds good and we should have a plan of mods on every meet , so there will be something to look forward to on each meet. but i think we got to do a all cali meeet first. either Vegas meet or somewhere fun with some family athmosphere. im thinking of Vegas meet. every one meets at bakers.

·
Registered
154 Posts
One is the lonliest number...

I just want to know where all the Redrock Pearl colored vans are! I know there are others out there.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
3x sounds good to me. I also would like to see some of the meets take place on a Saturday. We had to cut out a little early on meet #2 because we had to make it back for the evening service at our Church. I realize we may not be able to do all the meets on a Saturday, but we should have some on a Sat. Have a great day! :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Re: One is the lonliest number...

jarcher said:
I just want to know where all the Redrock Pearl colored vans are! I know there are others out there.

Another proud owner of RED ROCK PEARL , but we just didn't make it on the meet.

bmutuc said:
Vegas meet or somewhere fun with some family athmosphere. im thinking of Vegas meet. every one meets at bakers.

Let me know when can we do this. I'll drive up to CA/NV Stateline and join the convoy.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'd say 3x is good for one year. Every 4 months is a good time. Plus I missed the last one and I want to go to one this year...:D .

For example, we can have a spring meet in April, a summer meet in August, and a Christmas/winter in December.
Maybe for one of these meets we can do a all West Coast meet, not just No. and So. Cal.

Maybe if we can get enough members to confirm attendance we can get a group deal at a special place. Or we can do a Ody. club cruise. We can meet at a location and do a little cruise to another location a short distance away.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Club Cruise sounds fun!

KaliOdy: Thanks for creating this poll. I voted for 3x.

I had to miss this last meet because I was on vacation. I think it would be good to avoid holidays since many people will be away. I also agree some of the meets need to be on Saturday.

I would like to see us do a short Club Cruise. One suggestion is Ortega Hwy from San Juan Capistrano to Lake Elsinore.

Another suggestion I had was to cruise to American Honda in Torrance and see if they might support our club activity. Perhaps drive up PCH from say Long Beach over the Vincent Thomas Bridge to San Pedro and then head north to Honda's headquarters.

famguy: HEY I live in Fountain Valley too!

And where are the SoCal 1st Gen Ody owners?!!!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ortega cruise sounds fun. We can meet up by I-5 and cruise on over to Lake Elsinore and have a meet by the lake. Or we can do it the opposite direction and have a meet at the beach.

·
Registered
138 Posts
3x/yr sounds good!

How about having a meet in spring, summer and fall?

Spring: Meet to include camping for a weekend. This would be ideal to have the all-Cali meet. The weather would be nice for camping and meet.

Summer: Meet to include club cruise.

Fall: Fund raising meet; i.e. car wash, etc. and have the proceeds donated to a non-profit organization. Just imagine the publicity we'll get. Who knows maybe you'll end up on television. :cool:

Whatchathink?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for everyone's feedback. It seems like the majority prefers to have a Ody Meet three times a year. Sounds perfectly fine with me.

I'm all for the road trip idea. Of the three Meets, maybe one of them can be a road trip/club cruise. If we take this idea into consideration, we'll need to decide on a good location to go driving. A place where the whole family will enjoy. Drive to Lake Elsinore is a perfect suggestion. We can go to the park or shop at the outlets. ;) Just a thought.

Elmer brought up a good idea. Camping sounds fun as well.

I also like the fund raising idea. Maybe later on when we get a little bigger (around at least 50 attendees) we can do a fund raiser Meet to help out some non-profit organizations. I'm all for the idea of giving back to the community.

You never know, maybe one day we'll be big enough to be part of some Southern California Parades. Imagine over 50 Odys in a parade. :D That would be a great site. Great ideas everyone. Keep your suggestions coming.

·
Registered
297 Posts
did i hear camp out

what about a convoy to big bear and camp out then go fishing? WOO HOO

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
KaliOdy said:

I also like the fund raising idea. Maybe later on when we get a little bigger (around at least 50 attendees) we can do a fund raiser Meet to help out some non-profit organizations. I'm all for the idea of giving back to the community.

You never know, maybe one day we'll be big enough to be part of some Southern California Parades. Imagine over 50 Odys in a parade. :D That would be a great site. Great ideas everyone. Keep your suggestions coming.
Yeah, and if we get that big maybe Honda will give us some FREE stuff. :D Well, maybe not. :eek: That's the least they could, and should do. I like shellebelle's idea of rolling up on some Honda dealerships. That would be cool, and fun. I think the Honda dealers would love it. :D

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, I forgot about this thread. Since there are many "new" So Cal Members that have signed up since I started this thread, any of your newbies care to provide me with some feedback as to how many Meets we should have a year. I would appreciate any feedback that you might have regarding our Meets.

The next meet will be at Super Autobacs when the store opens. This will "NOT" be a Mini-Meet. I intend to make this a BIG MEET since Autobacs is opening their very first store in the U.S. I will work closely with my Autobacs contacts and see if I can get any special discounts the day of our meet. Once again, thank you for your time and TIA for any responses.

:cheers:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yeah Fitz, three a year minimum if you're counting mini-meets and road-trip meets. Looking forward to the BIG MEET. I just hope that I'm in town for it. Again, hats off to you for organizing these meets.

·
Registered
323 Posts
wow, I just found this site today. pretty nice site! also, is there a link to pictures of past meets that you all have had?

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Matt, thanks for sharing. When I get home today I'll peruse the rest of the site for more pics. One thing I noticed... Where's all the 1st Gen Ody's?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts