Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
USB is a mess on my 18, if I turn off the engine and open then close the driver's door it seems to help flush the data to the drive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anyone else get the letter from Honda instructing you to update the radio software? Even says that you may have to remove the radio fuse if you’re clock is off by an hour. Funny, I had to remove this fuse to “fix” my radio the other day and I’m wondering if it was due to this bug. I actually couldn’t update my software at the time because the radio thought the car was moving...the engine was off and the driver door was open. Have since updated the software and all seems good now.
I got it but found out my version is up-to-date and the clock is correct. I did not have to do anything. I think it is unreasonable to expect an owner to crawl under the dash to locate the fuse, however.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Noticed the one hour problem when my '19 EXL wouldn't update when we went off of Daylight Savings. Gnashed my teeth navigating the clock reset procedure but got it done. BUT, it reverted to being an hour off after a while. Then got this letter with Byzantine instructions but declined to try them since I had a recall for hydrogen brake fluid issue so asked the dealer to do the clock update. Guess What....it failed at the dealer today! They couldn't do it. Amazing. So, pulled close up to the house and connected to my WiFi just fine. Followed the silly instructions & got message "Service unavailable" or some such....Arrrgh! Soooo...actually I prefer Daylight Savings Time so I guess I'll just move into the Ody and live there until next spring!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anyone else get the letter from Honda instructing you to update the radio software? Even says that you may have to remove the radio fuse if you’re clock is off by an hour. Funny, I had to remove this fuse to “fix” my radio the other day and I’m wondering if it was due to this bug. I actually couldn’t update my software at the time because the radio thought the car was moving...the engine was off and the driver door was open. Have since updated the software and all seems good now.
Hello, I did get the same letter with instructions that I was already aware about. I always have kept my Infotainment including Navigation up to date via WiFi and USB Drive for Map updates.I did the latest Map update back on October. Currently, I do have the 2020 Garmin NA map been installed now. Regarding the Radio and the clock off, I have not been able to understand the purpose of such an update. I check for updates OTA using the pre-installed Update App every week and been always get the result that states "Your system is Up to date, browsing over the options I can see it also states "UPDATES ARE SUCCESSFULL". However, the letter and the instructions came with stating that after performing the update you should be able to see the HONDA software should state version B 1.0.26 OR HIGHER. But my Radio S/W kept showing Software Version B 1.0.20. As I understood that if the S/W has not been brought to B 1.0.26 or higher then I should contact a Honda authorized Dealer to schedule an appointment and be prepared to leave the Van at the dealership Service at least half day to let them perform the update correctly. American Honda has been a Big failure since 2016 and on if we are to ignore the very long-time failure Transmission excluding the 10 A/T that is been available in 2020 models regardless the trim. Thanks. 2019 EXL-Navi&RES.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'd be very suspicious. What could be broken with the radio that would require a software upgrade? What are they fixing and why?

·
Registered
657 Posts
service dept did this for me during last oil change along with some transmission software update and battery terminal check for issue where car may go into park during drive.

Call your dealer, they should do it for free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
Was at Best Buy and purchased a brand new SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB Flash Drive.
My experience has been to never buy a SanDisk flash drive to use as a boot drive on a PC. The two I tried before never worked as a boot drive. On the other hand, PNY flash drives have always worked as boot drives. Used the exact same procedures for the SanDisk & PNY flash drive so it wasn't my procedures at fault.

I'm wondering if the SanDisk flash drive has similar problems when used in your application? Maybe next time, try a PNY flash drive and see if it works.

To be fair, I do use SanDisk Extreme flash drives for data storage on my PCs and they are very fast and work fine for data storage.

Raptor88

·
Registered
65 Posts
Try Starbucks WiFi, start the update, get a coffee and relax. Actually about any public WiFi should work, or use the dealer's WiFi next service.
That sounds like a really quick way to acquire a virus or trojan horse, that could then migrate to your connected phone, and then home to your devices at home. I really don't recommend using any "free" or public source for connecting your car software to an internet source.

·
Registered
412 Posts
That sounds like a really quick way to acquire a virus or trojan horse, that could then migrate to your connected phone, and then home to your devices at home. I really don't recommend using any "free" or public source for connecting your car software to an internet source.
Are you saying Honda doesn't use a secured connection for the in-car software downloads?

If that is the case then by all means seek out a secure connection point that you fully trust.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Update: For some reason my van was not able to see my home's WiFi network when first started the update process. That's why I tried the USB route, with no success.

Yesterday we were headed out to run errands, and when I started the van it said "Software Update Available." I looked and sure enough, there was a connection to the 5 GHz interface on my router. Not sure what changed, but it was there, although weak.

After we got back I followed the steps and completed the update. So for now I've given up on using USB, I'm not inclined to continue troubleshooting the issues I'm having.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Update: For some reason my van was not able to see my home's WiFi network when first started the update process. That's why I tried the USB route, with no success.

Yesterday we were headed out to run errands, and when I started the van it said "Software Update Available." I looked and sure enough, there was a connection to the 5 GHz interface on my router. Not sure what changed, but it was there, although weak.

After we got back I followed the steps and completed the update. So for now I've given up on using USB, I'm not inclined to continue troubleshooting the issues I'm having.
Use 2.4Git will be stronger than 5G if you can see 5G there.

That’s what I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 35 of 35 Posts