Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you tell me how to perform software update for my Odyssey 2007 touring?
is it free? or how much it would cost?

I checked the system information and it showed:

Database area: United states
Database Version: 20060502
Software Version: 1.59.03

Are those out of date?

Please help...
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,475 Posts
Search for the terms NAV and Disk primarily in the Audio/Video/Security and Navigation forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,139 Posts
2007touring2007 said:
I d like to mention about the firmware update for the whole car system. Not about the Navigation disk.
watch out. There are pirated versions of OS that will turn your Oddy into Civic :D
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,475 Posts
2007touring2007 said:
I d like to mention about the firmware update for the whole car system. Not about the Navigation disk.
I think you have been flashing computer firmwares a bit too much. Cars have not yet caught up on the flashable whole car system firmware update process just yet. Perhaps we'd get that with the 2025 models.

maxud said:
watch out. There are pirated versions of OS that will turn your Oddy into Civic :D
LOL.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,475 Posts
2007touring2007 said:
How about the PCM A/T software? OrHDS something like that? Sorry i'm new to this...
So you search for the terms PCM and Software and read up all about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,139 Posts
Since I cracked a joke I fill obligated to give you some info. The only user updatable software in your van to the best of my knowledge is Navigation Data disk. Looks like yours is from 2006. Honda releases at least one update to the Map a year. You can purchase it online from here

The drive containing the map disk is under drivers seat.

All other updates are done by the dealer. The update would be done as part of recall or service bulletin (i.e. 07-09 transmission judder issues). Personally, unless I have a problem, I would not be looking for trouble updating anything by the dealer.

good luck
Max
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
maxud said:
watch out. There are pirated versions of OS that will turn your Oddy into Civic :D
Or better yet, Cinderella's pumpkin coach! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maxud said:
Since I cracked a joke I fill obligated to give you some info. The only user updatable software in your van to the best of my knowledge is Navigation Data disk. Looks like yours is from 2006. Honda releases at least one update to the Map a year. You can purchase it online from here

The drive containing the map disk is under drivers seat.

All other updates are done by the dealer. The update would be done as part of recall or service bulletin (i.e. 07-09 transmission judder issues). Personally, unless I have a problem, I would not be looking for trouble updating anything by the dealer.

good luck
Max
Thank you very much. My car kinda vibrates during start up acceleration. I don't know if it is part of the judder 07-09 judder issues or not. Please advice...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,139 Posts
2007touring2007 said:
Thank you very much. My car kinda vibrates during start up acceleration. I don't know if it is part of the judder 07-09 judder issues or not. Please advice...
I have 05, which is a different transmission all together. Check in this thread for extensive description of the problem and resolutions. Beyond that, if you car is 07, there has been 2-3 transmission software updates. If you had not done any of them, check with your local dealer for advise.
good luck
Max
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
maxud said:
I have 05, which is a different transmission all together. Check in this thread for extensive description of the problem and resolutions. Beyond that, if you car is 07, there has been 2-3 transmission software updates. If you had not done any of them, check with your local dealer for advise.
good luck
Max
Thank you very much for your help.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top