Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
when you have just a bit too much free time on your hands, you may notice these two things from the 2002 brochure:
1) the photo of the guys loading the plywood into the green ody is the SAME photo as from the 2001 brochure, just slightly more "background" like they minimized the photo a bit to get more in. of course, they photoshopped the amber tail lights!
2) i don't believe the emerald green pearl will be offered in 2002 (ok, it's not) so it's funny they'd use that photo/color (i think the photo does not mention the color like it does for 2001)
3) the steering wheel for 2002 has a shiney H emblem on the wheel, in the 2001 catalog it seems to be the same color as the wheel and "idented"
ok, time to get a life and stop comparing the differences between the 2001 and 2002
btw - last week our dealer called and told us how lucky we are - our color choice came into stock for the 2001 we put a deposit on - i told him to calm down, and if he would recall i was waiting for a 2002 - that shut him up pretty nicely - as i'm sure he heard that all day long. i didn't mention we decided to go for nav (thanks for the helpful info guys!!!!) so we're looking at a $3,500 more expensive vehicle anyway - time to go back to the dealership!
cheers,
salivating gary

·
Registered
564 Posts
cmmeyers -

Good eye! And excellent use of the "too much time on your hands" scenario.

I guess it's tough to make a brochure with pictures of vehicles that don't exist.

- Darell

------------------
Ordered:
2002 EXL-NAV. White/fern

·
Registered
180 Posts
I do think you have to take some of the brochure photos with a grain of salt. Things like cleaning up the photo by deleting the antenna or using a photo of an old model and photo-shopping it to represent a newer one. Done all the time, and if they then forget to change some other tiny detail, the obsessives among us (uh, okay, we're ALL obsessives, right? or we wouldn't be here!) notice it and get all excited. Whoever sees the first in-the-flesh 2002 needs to take about 300 photos and post 'em!

·
Registered
331 Posts
It's a lot cheaper to pay a Photoshop guru a couple of thousand to doctor an existing photo than to stage a photoshoot.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by robr2:
It's a lot cheaper to pay a Photoshop guru a couple of thousand to doctor an existing photo than to stage a photoshoot.</font>
i'm just glad they did'nt use yellow post its!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I looked at the two brocures last night. They re-used about 5 or 6 photos from the '01 (including the big pictures that span both pages) and just touched up the grill, turn signals and wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts