Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are taking the van on a 2 day road trip! I bought some headrest Dvd player for our van ! someone is going to install it! I am very happy! I have 3 kids and i wnat them to be happy is a very long trip!!!!!!!!:)

also i wanted to ask if anyone has bought seatcovers for the front seats!:)

i have seat covers for the 2nd row and 3rd row! It works very well because when my kids spill something i can just wipe it off! awesome covers from honda! Got a good deal from Ebay! I just want my leather seats to stay in good condition :):) thanks so much!

when i intsall the headrest dvd player i will post them on here=):)
thanks so much

·
Registered
8 Posts
We are taking the van on a 2 day road trip! I bought some headrest Dvd player for our van ! someone is going to install it! I am very happy! I have 3 kids and i wnat them to be happy is a very long trip!!!!!!!!:)

also i wanted to ask if anyone has bought seatcovers for the front seats!:)

i have seat covers for the 2nd row and 3rd row! It works very well because when my kids spill something i can just wipe it off! awesome covers from honda! Got a good deal from Ebay! I just want my leather seats to stay in good condition :):) thanks so much!

when i intsall the headrest dvd player i will post them on here=):)
thanks so much
I researched this to no end. RES, DVD, Headrest etc...

In the end, I went the tablet route since I believe it to be the most versatile.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I researched this to no end. RES, DVD, Headrest etc...

In the end, I went the tablet route since I believe it to be the most versatile.
We plan on doing the same way too. Please share some pics if you already have yours done.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
tablet in hand - I recommend DVD Catalyst for ripping:

DVD Catalyst 4 | DVD Catalyst 4, the ultimate app for movies & tv on the go

and then this Movie Gallery app which places a great quick launch icon on your home screen.

Android Movie Gallery 1.1 | DVD Catalyst 4, the ultimate app for movies & tv on the go

The best part of using a tablet with ripped DVD is no menus to navigate, no previews to watch etc.

I have an android tablet, but there are similar soultions available for IPAD

More advantages to tablet:

10-12 hour battery life
No ripping your seat/car apart for electrical
You can play games on it while in the car
Super Nintendo Emulator :)
Webbrowser
Apps!
You can remove it
Bluetooth headsets vs RF
No DVD to carry around
Netflix streaming not likely in the car, but great when you are lying on the couch. (WiFi or thethered 3G)

I paid $250 for a gTablet.
Bracket $15
DVD ripping software $10
16 GB SD card $27
Bluetooth headphones $30

Still waiting for the bracket to arrive. Will post review and pics.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for the info. We are also planning on this but we wanted an iPad2 as our tablet/PC.

We also found this mount: Nextbase - iPad Active Car Mount but it's still unavailable, nextbase says it's coming this summer, it's already summer! hehe

Please post your pics once you're done. Thank you! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts