Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just did our first eight-seater trip in my 2006 EX-L to go visit my ailing grandmother approximately 1.5 hours away. There were three kids and five adults. Kids (in carseats) seated in the outer two spots in the third row and on the outer right in the second row.

First, for everyone who says the PlusOne seat is "just for kids" and "not adult-sized" (and I've read that many times on this forum), I say bull. I'm 6'3" and 200lbs, and I sat quite happily by my brother for an hour and a half in that seat. Of course it's a little narrow, but the placing of it more-or-less makes the middle row a bench, so that you're kind of sharing a bit of the outer two seats. I will grant that it is not as comfortable as the regular seats, but honestly, the fact that they gave it as much cushion and leather as they did still surprises me. It's as nice a seat as a lot of "real" seats in other cars.

Second thought, I do find it disappointing that it cannot be used as a spot for a carseat. There's no latch points -- which, technically, would be fine because you could use the seatbelt. However, there's also no anchorage for the top tether which, in Canada, is the law.

Third and final thought: I love the storage options. We mostly carry the seat in the floor, and it really is a marvel of engineering that the seat slides so nice into that tight little floor space. It's there when we need it. We've used it even more than I'd thought we would -- although this was our first eight-passenger trip, we've used it lots of times to avoid someone having to sit between the carseats in the third row. When we go camping and traveling (and know we won't need it), we just leave it at home and either put in the lazy-Susan or just cram the floor space with stuff. In any case, it provides excellent flexibility and it really was one of the deciding factors when we bought the van.

Actually, I do have one more thought. With eight passengers and the vast majority of our trip on the highway (and in three cylinder ECO mode), we must have close to the best cylinder to passenger rate out there -- three cylinders to eight passengers. You'd have to be driving a bus to do better. I know, weird thought -- it just popped into my head.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thank you.
I'm looking to buy a plus one seat because the family is getting bigger and it looks like the '08 is a keeper.......to bad i leased the DX. Next one will definately be a EX-L or a Touring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts