1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive parking light Grille Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car

Happened overnight.

Driver's side front door.

Does anybody know the part number? Do I have to replace the whole part or do you think I can source just the part that I'm missing? Looks like it's just glued on.
Automotive parking light Grille Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car

I looked for it on the ground but nowhere to be seen.

Yes I noticed they also scratched the paint :(

They didn't get in.

Thank you all!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Does anybody know the part number? Do I have to replace the whole part or do you think I can source just the part that I'm missing? Looks like it's just glued on.
Have you tested to see if the physical key from your keyfob still works in the door? I don't want to fear monger or anything, but I feel like the only reason why someone would do this would be to try to break into your Odyssey. Hopefully, the cylinder or physical key functions aren't damaged at all.

You should be able to find whatever parts you need on here, or at least a part number to cross reference with a Canadian supplier.
If I were to guess I'd think it would be Cover, L. FR. Base (CHROME) (HOLE); part # 72187-THR-A21

It looks like it could be glue/double-sided tape since it's just a cover, but the model of the part seems to have two prongs/clips that go on the right side of the handle.

·
Registered
2018 EX
2,478 Posts
Wow! Sorry to hear of your misfortune, as well. That part is a good price. If in doubt, you could likely have a body shop install it. It would be worth the hour labor...maybe 😬?

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
5,929 Posts
Isn't the whole point of that part for it to be clipped in? So you can just remove it when you need to use the physical key and put it back afterwards?

·
Registered
2018 EX
2,478 Posts
Good point, WiiMaster. It looks like the entire sidebar cylinder assembly is missing. There's nowhere to physically put a key in. Looks like the damage is far worse than he thought??

·
Registered
215 Posts
Isn't the whole point of that part for it to be clipped in? So you can just remove it when you need to use the physical key and put it back afterwards?
The driver's door has a keyhole for the physical key that's connected to the FOB. Could be used for locking/unlocking the van when the battery is dead, locking the door while the engine is running and you have to step out for a bit, or rolling down all the windows + opening the sunroof. There's no need to unclip a cover for the physical key on the 5th gen.

Helmet Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive mirror

1 - 9 of 9 Posts