Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Something is leaking…..

455 7
I recently changed the oil filter gasket because I thought thats where the grease coming out, but i noticed that theres something leaking still. And i wonder if its my oil pressure switch.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Style Automotive design Rim

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Coil spring Automotive design
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
whatever the source was, its not fresh... either it came down and landed on the axle, or the axle boot is throwing grease upwards. you would see more signs of that if you got underneath for a look.
I did change my oil filter gasket not too long ago, because i thought that was the leaking. Then i clean all the area and now it looks the same again

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
might need a better look in there wheel off and a brighter light.
up top seems like a valve cover gasket or power steering leak, hard to tell
take the plastic engine cover off and get a good look around.

cant see any fresh wet sources, so your photos aren't capturing the nearby source.

·
Registered
405 Posts
That particular CV boot on Honda V6 is different than all others. Because it's close to the exhaust, it's made of silicone and comes shipped covered in a protective grease. This is normal and how it's supposed to look. As long as there isn't fresh grease coming out from between the boot and axle shaft the CV should be good (unless punctured).

The oil may be coming from somewhere else however. The oil filter housing gasket on these can go bad. It's very easy to replace. I had to do mine on the TL last year when weather got cold.

Another source of fluid could be a leaking timing belt hydraulic tensioner. This is much harder to check and replace.

Also check rear valve cover.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
recent post with an oil leak in the same general area.
might be a worthy check...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts