Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought those of you interested in using a PS2 in your Ody would like this.

PS2 DVD Remote

Any Gran Turismo players out there? I'm about to die if I don't get GT3 and a PS2.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim F:

Any Gran Turismo players out there? I'm about to die if I don't get GT3 and a PS2.

</font>
Jim,
Same thoughts here. I actually made a detour home from work today and stopped by my parent's to check out the GT3 that my bro just bought today. You have to get it. 10 times better than GT2. Played one rally mode in an EVO VII.Response on the controller is a tad better. Awesome graphics,the dust is so realistic that when you are behind your competitor, you can barely see. Just like real rallying.Even the drifts are much more controlable than GT2. Played 2 tracks.Used a yellow Type-R and a Skyline. Again awesome graphics. Shadows, sun, cars,trees,etc.and the list goes on.Guess I'm gonna be hanging out at my parent's for awhile.

------------------
Rob/'01 GG LX "Lagreat"
http://www.fototime.com/inv/46E6936F1F9A447

[This message has been edited by hachiroku (edited 07-11-2001).]

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm SO jealous!!!

The EVO VI in GT2 is my wife's favorite car. I'm torn between my tricked out yellow Skyline and my purple Mini Cooper.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim F:
I'm torn between my tricked out yellow Skyline and my purple Mini Cooper.

</font>
Jim,
You might think I'm nuts but I actually have about 90+ cars in my garage in GT2.Several of each model. One more modified than the other. I like to keep the competition with the computer almost even. It gets boring when the race is too easy.
If I had any favs, it would be my Suzuki Escudo,Sube 22B Impreza, and maybe one of my old schoolers '85 Toyota Trueno and '82 Starlet (my "drift" cars).
My wife would kill me if I got a PS2 (what with all my hinting).
They now have a hard drive that connects to the empty port on the PS2 so one can play on-line.Man, that would be oh so awesome, GT3 against other racers.
The one thing ,again, that they did'nt include was a 1/4 miler. Wish they did. That would complete the game.
Let me know if u find that GT3/PS2 special I mentioned.

------------------
Rob/'01 GG LX "Lagreat"

·
Registered
255 Posts
Check out this link: http://www.us.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=50010896&loc=13510

I was surfing this site last night and swear a $25.00 coupon popped up when I first entered the buy.com site, but it didn't this time - might have expired yesterday, though.

------------------
David
'01 GG EX-NAVI
Classic Soft Trim leather kit; Audiovox entertainment system; Gentex auto dimming compass/temp rear view mirror; Pioneer speakers front & rear; splash guards; cargo tray; cargo liner; power door mods; Helm manual; Honda litter bag.

·
1,484 Posts
My all time favorite car is the Mitsubishi FTO Limited Edition. It's got everything...looks, speed, and great handling (remind you of something?) I hope it's still in GT3. Although I haven't bought a PS2 yet - still waiting for better games and the price of the unit to go down.

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hachiroku:
You might think I'm nuts but I actually have about 90+ cars in my garage in GT2.

Let me know if u find that GT3/PS2 special I mentioned.
</font>
I have two memory cards with two separate garages.
I've owned almost every car in the game atleast once. Most of the time I get it then sell it after playing with it a bit.

The Skyline and Mini are my favorites so far.

Sony's site has the PS2/GT3 Racing Pack on it. Even their price is only $329. I'll look locally to see if I can get it cheaper.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
My all time favorite car is the Mitsubishi FTO Limited Edition.
-nemogira
</font>
Nestor,
The FTO is another awesome car. Lots of grip.
I think the price of PS2 will go down after Microsoft and Nintendo bring out their contenders.Maybe THEN I'll but it.

------------------
Rob/'01 GG LX "Lagreat"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts