Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 days after extended was up....Exhaust leak at the union behind the resonator. Getting pretty bad about now. I hate messin with exhausts...especially rusted cheap exhausts.

Anyone have this issue on their pile of ****?

Oh--45k miles

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
wild willy said:
3 days after extended was up....Exhaust leak at the union behind the resonator. Getting pretty bad about now. I hate messin with exhausts...especially rusted cheap exhausts.

Anyone have this issue on their pile of ****?

Oh--45k miles
Can't say I've read much about exhaust issues on these vans.

Didn't you profess to dump this POS once the extended warranty was up?

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Sounds Like a 65 Chevy Pick-up

psu ody fan said:
Can't say I've read much about exhaust issues on these vans.

Didn't you profess to dump this POS once the extended warranty was up?
Been looking at Siennas for about 2 weeks. As I have said before..I don't have to drive it:)

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Re: Re: Sounds Like a 65 Chevy Pick-up

psu ody fan said:
...Didn't you profess to dump this POS once the extended warranty was up?
I thought that was the goal, too.:p

WW, are you going to just hang onto it and let it take you down with it?:confused:

BTW, my wifey-pooh is routinely getting about 380 miles on a tankful with her mix of in-town and highway driving on her 2002 EX. :D Just waiting for the tranny to go poof...she put that thing through he11 about four years ago, and I'm amazed it's lasted this long. :)

OF

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it fixed today. I did not feel like screwing with it in the cold/snow. 35.00 Bucks....new bolts and gasket. My Mechanic said it was still in pretty goo shape. 5 dollar tip....:)

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Wow, is that close to a positive outcome for you? :D I have 10 years and 130k on our Ody, no complaints from me on the exhaust.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OdyinNH said:
Wow, is that close to a positive outcome for you? :D I have 10 years and 130k on our Ody, no complaints from me on the exhaust.
Short trips, never in a garage.......I guess it should be expected

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OdyinNH said:
True enough, makes it hard to burn the condensation away.
However....My 02 Altima bought in 01 ...more short trips...exhaust is in great shape...However it is garaged

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
wild willy said:
However....My 02 Altima bought in 01 ...more short trips...exhaust is in great shape...However it is garaged
Yeah, but how's the FLOOR PAN? :eek:

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
manualman said:
Yeah, but how's the FLOOR PAN? :eek:
Looks fine.

Bad thing about getting the exhaust fixed....Is now you can hear the tick of the engine again.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
A couple months later and now my van is sitting in the driveway with rusted/broken CC flange studs. Ran over some brutal railroad tracks and it started to sound like something out of fast and furious movie. It looks like a cheap but time consuming fix. I'll post some pics in a new thread when I get to fixing it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts