Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like HandA Accessories has bit the dust. Sad, because they were an excellent source for any and all parts at good prices.

Anyone have another source? TIA. DUTCH

·
Registered
15 Posts
I found that Hondaparts4you carries same product as Handa with lower price + no shipping. I ordered air deflector, cargo tray, mud guards, leather steering wheel cover from them on separate shipments and very pleased with everything so far.

------------------
2002 EX-L with cargo tray, mud guard, air deflector, leather steering wheel cover, WeatherTech mats.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DUTCH:
Looks like HandA Accessories has bit the dust....DUTCH</font>
The <a href="http://www.handa-accessories.com/">H and A Accessories website</a> seems to work just fine from here. Did you talk with them?

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The website works. They do not answer their toll free telephone nor respond to regular e-mail or their instant messenger type e-mail.

I'm going to try their fax number next. Then, I have tracked down the dealership name; and will try there, too. DUTCH

·
Registered
26 Posts
I placed an order online w/ HandA yesterday (1/31) and received the confirmation email last night. Looks like they're open for business.

David

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even though he doesn't answer his toll free number or respond to e-mails, I finally caught up with him by calling the dealership long distance, asking for the parts department and then asking for him.

When I asked why he had not responded to something like 6-8 e-mails over the past 3 days nor responded to the one voice mail I was able to leave on his toll free voice mail, he could not give me an answer - although he did say that he was meaning to get back to me.

I reluctantly gave him a $320 order for spare parts because he was about $30 cheaper than hondaparts4you.

Something is goofy with him, and I can't put a finger on what it is; although I could hazard a guess or two.

[This message has been edited by DUTCH (edited 02-01-2002).]

·
Registered
13 Posts
I second the recommendation of hondaparts4u, the no shipping alone saved me $30 on the order of Cargo Tray, Mud Guards and Cargo Mat. Also it only took 2 days for delivery.

Rich

·
Registered
149 Posts
Even though he doesn't answer his toll free number or respond to e-mails, I finally caught up with him by calling the dealership long distance, asking for the parts department and then asking for him.

When I asked why he had not responded to something like 6-8 e-mails over the past 3 days nor responded to the one voice mail I was able to leave on his toll free voice mail, he could not give me an answer - although he did say that he was meaning to get back to me.

I reluctantly gave him a $320 order for spare parts because he was about $30 cheaper than hondaparts4you.

Something is goofy with him, and I can't put a finger on what it is; although I could hazard a guess or two.

[This message has been edited by DUTCH (edited 02-01-2002).]
</font>
Hey Dutch,
I just ordered a hood deflector and mud guards tonight. I found the cheapest price at handa so I asked Amy at hondaparts4u.com if she would match those prices and still honor the free shipping. She looked at her cost and agreed

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 2002EXODY:
Hey Dutch,
I just ordered a hood deflector and mud guards tonight. I found the cheapest price at handa so I asked Amy at hondaparts4u.com if she would match those prices and still honor the free shipping. She looked at her cost and agreed

</font>
I'm gonna have to give them a closer look. The un-reliability problems with HandA is becoming a major obstacle. DUTCH

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I'm gonna have to give them a closer look. The un-reliability problems with HandA is becoming a major obstacle. DUTCH
</font>
I have placed 2 orders fairly recently with HandA and have not had any problems. The orders always arrive in about 5-6 days. From my experience, I don't see where the unreliability question comes from.

------------------

2001 EX-NAVI, SS
1997 Accord EX-L, Forest Green
Previous Hondas:
1992 Accord EX, White
1982 Accord DX, Silver

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts

</font>
Dutch, we've had quite a few people order from HandA including myself with zero problems. I receive emails from Trevor within a day after I email him.

You wouldn't happen to be working for Hondapartsforyou, would you?

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

[This message has been edited by Jim F (edited 02-05-2002).]

·
Registered
149 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim F:

</font>
Jim,
I assume that was directed toward me. No I do not work for hondaparts4u.com I try to be a smart shopper and was impressed with Amy's willingness to beat the competition (well she matched the price but the free shipping beats others).
Besides I think the intent of Dutch's post was to ask for suggestions, "Source for Honda Parts?" So I gave mine

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim F:
Dutch, we've had quite a few people order from HandA including myself with zero problems. I receive emails from Trevor within a day after I email him.

</font>

Not in Atlanta, GA I wouldn't.

Trevor has not been responding in a timely manner for the past several months. On this last order, it took 7-8 e-mails, 3 calls to his toll free number and - finally - a call to the dealership which sponsors his site before I could get him to respond.

He used to be very reliable and timely in his responses. DUTCH

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts

Not in Atlanta, GA I wouldn't.
</font>
I was kidding. Hence the "
".

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I've used www.ahmotor.com for several parts in the past. They appear to stock or be able to get all Acura and Honda parts, but you must call their 800 number for some parts. Their online ordering is pretty unimpressive, but prices for lots of things are listed.

Notably, the 2002 EXL-RES head unit is less than 1/2 the local dealer's price. I called.

More recently, I ordered from HandA due to their good prices and online selection.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dutch

I've had excellent success with Hondapartsforyou.com

-On more than one occasion the oil containers leaked a little, but they quickly sent me a replacement quart for free. They have an excellent price on Honda's 5w20 or 5w30 oil ($1.30/qt) and filters are only $4.50 (including the washer). Shipping has been free, but I'm not sure how they do it. Our local Honda dealer charged full list price ($2.15/qt and $7.38 for the filter), and then some labor during the 7500 mile service. I hope the shipping stays free. They have been able to get me a few Acura parts as well (when it is a shared item between Honda and Acura).

I have also had success with thepartsbin.com
I got an OEM fuel filter for my Acura delivered for about $5 less than getting from a local autoparts store. I will use them again. They charge shipping, but it is reasonable and I think free if order is over $50.

I used HandA about a year ago, and had no problems reaching Trevor and he was quite helpful. In my experience, however, I have found better deals elsewhere. I know for a while he was an advertiser (supporter) on the odyclub site.

Hope this helps. It kills me what our dealers charge us for parts and especially when they are simple to do ourselves (air filters and such).

J

------------------
Jamescanine's 01 LX

(see gallery photos)

·
Registered
35 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jamescanine:
Dutch

I've had excellent success with Hondapartsforyou.com

-On more than one occasion the oil containers leaked a little, but they quickly sent me a replacement quart for free. They have an excellent price on Honda's 5w20 or 5w30 oil ($1.30/qt) and filters are only $4.50 (including the washer). Shipping has been free, but I'm not sure how they do it. Our local Honda dealer charged full list price ($2.15/qt and $7.38 for the filter), and then some labor during the 7500 mile service. I hope the shipping stays free. They have been able to get me a few Acura parts as well (when it is a shared item between Honda and Acura).

I have also had success with thepartsbin.com
I got an OEM fuel filter for my Acura delivered for about $5 less than getting from a local autoparts store. I will use them again. They charge shipping, but it is reasonable and I think free if order is over $50.

I used HandA about a year ago, and had no problems reaching Trevor and he was quite helpful. In my experience, however, I have found better deals elsewhere. I know for a while he was an advertiser (supporter) on the odyclub site.

Hope this helps. It kills me what our dealers charge us for parts and especially when they are simple to do ourselves (air filters and such).

p.s. I forgot to add that I don't work for either of these companies or have any financial interest in any of them. Just wanted to pass along my positive experience with them.

J

</font>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts