Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a reliable independent shop to work on general maintenance and front rotors / pads on our Ody, any recommendation?

·
Registered
7 Posts
TSM, PM me your shop info.

Do you base your job hours on Mitchell guide? What is the hourly shop rate? Do you upcharge a percentage on parts or sell at MSRP? Do you install user supplied parts (no warranty on part of course!) Sorry for all the questions, Just tired of shops these days. Either they charge $100-$120/hr (same as my local honda dealers), or try to double the price of parts or more (i can literally walk to parts store and pay 1/2 of what you want to charge me), Sorry for the shop rant

Thanks

·
Registered
935 Posts
TSM, PM me your shop info.

Do you base your job hours on Mitchell guide? What is the hourly shop rate? Do you upcharge a percentage on parts or sell at MSRP? Do you install user supplied parts (no warranty on part of course!) Sorry for all the questions, Just tired of shops these days. Either they charge $100-$120/hr (same as my local honda dealers), or try to double the price of parts or more (i can literally walk to parts store and pay 1/2 of what you want to charge me), Sorry for the shop rant

Thanks
Hey Frag! We go based off modified mitchell for most things and the shop rate usually varies with task but for a baseline it is about 85/hr. (This is modified depending on task as most times I will go under the mitchell quote if the task is fairly easy for me. It never goes over that and for additionals, I adjust the rate.
Example, client brought a timing kitin for his 05-07 Odyssey which had the timing compoenents, spark plugs, new belt, coolant. The rate was $400 to perform the task and then upon firing up we noticed a slight pinging noise (Offset, random occurance) and some mechanics might just let the car go with that or they may advise you and charge diagnostics if you want it inspected. We didn't charge extra to listen to that engine and figure out what that noise was with certainty. Also inspected vehicle and advised (images shot and shown for proof).

Parts are MSRP but if you are doing a bigger job , we can discount some of it.

We do install user supplied parts, however if warranty claims arise, the client pays 50% of original cost for additional labor. IF, however you bring a part and i know it to be bad (or i know that particular brand of part) to have issues, I will advise you first to see if you want it installed or if you want to get a different one (With recommendation).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.