Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Southern California and plan to purchase an EX-L RES in the next couple months. Just curious about the deals (+/- MSRP) folks in this area have been receiving.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased a GG EX from Honda Cars of Corona with CrossBars for 27190 at Honda of Corona (www.hondacarsofcorona.com) I was able to use a Credit card for deposit. I also had deposits in with Wesloh Honda of San Juan Capistrono, Valley Hi Honda in Victorville, and Unicars Honda in Palm Dessert. The van I order actually came in at both Valley Hi and Corona on Tuesday, but I went with Corona just because it was closer, this is also why I got the cross bars included. Also, Corona normally includes options that you have to pay for, but they sold it to me without options, I think because I was going to go with Valley Hi instead since they don't do the forced options.

David

·
Registered
31 Posts
We just purchased ours about 1 month ago at MSRP from Valencia Honda.

Also I was in contact with Mac at Nelson Honda in El Monte. He was very nice and they sell at MSRP (he helped track down vans at other dealerships). Robertson Honda in Palmdale also sells at MSRP.

I would say call Mac and talk with him. He knows all of the incoming ody's for So Cal. He looks them up on his computer when he is talking with you. He has no problem sharing the information on when they should be coming in and with what dealer.

Best of luck!

[This message has been edited by OddGrinch (edited 02-23-2002).]

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OddGrinch:
We just purchased ours about 1 month ago at MSRP from Valencia Honda.

Also I was in contact with Mac at Nelson Honda in El Monte. He was very nice and they sell at MSRP (he helped track down vans at other dealerships). Robertson Honda in Palmdale also sells at MSRP.

I would say call Mac and talk with him. He knows all of the incoming ody's for So Cal. He looks them up on his computer when he is talking with you. He has no problem sharing the information on when they should be coming in and with what dealer.

Best of luck!

[This message has been edited by OddGrinch (edited 02-23-2002).]
</font>
This is my 1st ttime on this forum or any other forum, i am also looking to buy a new Odyssey mid next month, can you tell me if you just walked into the dealer or used internet to buy your Ody? Valencia Honda is lot more closer to me than other you posted. Did you have to go on a waitting list? as i had no problem test driving the Ody from dealer closer to me, i didn't really try to make a deal with them but one wanted way over MSRP on the other told me the Ody came in with the extra dealer options they already add on, so i don't think i will deal with them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JoesYum:
This is my 1st ttime on this forum or any other forum, i am also looking to buy a new Odyssey mid next month, can you tell me if you just walked into the dealer or used internet to buy your Ody? Valencia Honda is lot more closer to me than other you posted. Did you have to go on a waitting list? as i had no problem test driving the Ody from dealer closer to me, i didn't really try to make a deal with them but one wanted way over MSRP on the other told me the Ody came in with the extra dealer options they already add on, so i don't think i will deal with them.</font>
We were originally looking for a redrock with navi, so we were waiting with a few dealerships. We decided not to do the navi and put in our own system and also decided against the redrock and went for silver. At that time Valencia had told us there was a silver EX-L coming in about 8 days from then (we had been talking with them about a redrock for about 2-3 weeks). We didn't have to wait for the silver to be ours. We did have to talk down the price by about 3K to get it at MSRP. I dealt with Bobby and Mike.

As for Nelson Honda in El Monte, he said they sometimes drive the car to customers when they come in. When I initially called Mac there they had a couple in stock, but not the color we wanted at the time. He was getting a silver in, but it wasn't coming in the time we wanted it (my sister was coming fro Vegas to pick up our old car).

Best of luck!
I didn't visit dealerships.. I just faxed about every dealership in so cal with what I was looking for and what I wanted to pay.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Thanks for the info, i'll try the internet route, Email every dealer. Hope i don't have to go on a waitting list, just looking for EX in GG(yes, i'm very picky,)as i hate leather seat.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I also bought from Mac at Nelson Honda in El Monte at MSRP. He is OK and reasonable.

I liked his personality in that he asked rookie saleman help my deal and split the commission. Not a easy job when $$$ is around.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I went to a local dealer few days ago in Reseda because my friend told me while back he buough a Accord from them and they were strait forward and was happy with them, so i went to look at what they had. They had 2TW and 2 SS on the lot with all of them with $2K's of dealer installed options and markup of $1K. I told the saleman i didn't want any dealer installed option and i was willing to pay MSRP and i was looking for GG in color, the saleman told me they where expect GG within a week and they will sell with no options, so i walked in with him to deal, 1st time he went away, he came back and told me i needed to put down $500 deposit, to witch i told him i had no problem with that, but he needed to give me the VIN# of the van that was coming in(he had a problem with that)and showed me the price for the Ody with 1K markup price and i told him i wasn't willing to pay the markup price, he went away again and came back and showed me all the price of the dealer installed option(like i didn't see on the van outside) and told me his boss has to charge 1K markup because i did not want the add-on's(Oh he also told me all dealer in LA had to charge that 1K markup). So, i said thank you for your time and i walked out. The salesman came out after me and told me he found another boss that just walked in and he maybe willing to deal, i told him no thanks and started to turnaround to walk away and the boss came out the door(funny, i saw this guy when i walked in the 1st time, in the showroom), and asked what i wanted, so i told him what i was looking for and what i was willing to pay, then the boss told me they were expecting a GG in about 3 to 4 weeks(they forgot to get their sroy strait with each other). I told him no thanks, so he kept trying to get me back inside and said we can work something out, but when i try to get him to commit to MSRP, all he said was he was willing to deal, so to get this guy off of me, i told him, now i'm only willing to pay $200 under MSRP if thay want me to go back into the showroom, where they just walked back in. Some dealers will say anything to get you inside and hope to ware you down! I told my friend what happened and his reply was, what little greed does to some people. I'm not worried about blowing off this dealer, here in LA, there is a Honda dealer with 10 miles of each other.

Sorry for being so long, but i feel its important post the bad dealer with the good ones.

·
Registered
31 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JoesYum:
Sorry for being so long, but i feel its important post the bad dealer with the good ones.
</font>
Hey no problem! Sorry they were playing with you. We purchased some buying info from www.fightingchance.com for another car and he mentions this "need to talk with tha manager" routine. You did great!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Are there any friends living in Southern California have bought 2002 Ody in last 2 months ? Hong long do you have to wait before you get your Ody ? Would you please share your thought on the recent price trend with us. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
EasyAl said:
Are there any friends living in Southern California have bought 2002 Ody in last 2 months ? Hong long do you have to wait before you get your Ody ? Would you please share your thought on the recent price trend with us. Thanks.
Have you looked under Dealer stories:
http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5957
I was told about 3 to 5 week wait, but got one in 1.5 weeks because the person that had a hold on the color i wanted, switch to a different color. Just go on many waitting list as you can, here in LA, they are getting them all the time. Good luck:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bought a GG EX from Nelson Honda of El Monte 3 weeks ago with MSRP and no options. At my request, they added the foglights. I only waited for less than a week. You can go on a Monday and they might happen to have a truck delivery.:D If you go on a Saturday, they're usually all gone. Best of luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts