Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On our '06 EXL and I noticed it awhile ago that on the drivers side distance between the rear wheel well and the top of the tire is 5/8" lower than on the passenger side. There is nothing inside the van and it is was parked on a level driveway. I also replaced both shocks with Monroe Sensa-Tracs and it's still the same. I don't really think that the spare tire on that corner would make that much difference. Anyone else notice this on their van?

·
Registered
513 Posts
The fuel tank is mostly in the middle, not fully on the driver's side.

I have noticed the back of our van hangs a bit low and I think that means my shocks need to be replaced...

Nicolas

·
Registered
218 Posts
Sagging at a corner is more indicative of bad springs or spring seats than bad shocks. The 'normal' Oddy shocks don't have any role in setting ride height.

·
Registered
513 Posts
dgipalo said:
Sagging at a corner is more indicative of bad springs or spring seats than bad shocks. The 'normal' Oddy shocks don't have any role in setting ride height.
Hum... If the shocks are gas charged (I think they are...) they have a (limited) effect on ride height. They are not as important as the springs but could cause sagging, And I would expect them to wear faster.

Nicolas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts