Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the approx. dimmensions are under the 3rd seat when it is in up. It looks like it might be 6 inches off the floor at the front and maybe 3 inches at the back?? Is this close?

I'm thinking that may be a perfect spot for a custom sub enclosure, with the driver firing up into the seat, and a port running to the back.

A single 12" in a box 3 feet wide and 3-6" high would work.

·
Registered
342 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PD55:
Can anyone tell me what the approx. dimmensions are under the 3rd seat when it is in up. It looks like it might be 6 inches off the floor at the front and maybe 3 inches at the back?? Is this close?

I'm thinking that may be a perfect spot for a custom sub enclosure, with the driver firing up into the seat, and a port running to the back.

A single 12" in a box 3 feet wide and 3-6" high would work.
</font>
Hi PD55,

The space under the rear seat is generally wedge shaped. At the back of the seat, you've only got about 3.5 inches between the seat and the floor. The distance (floor to seat) at the front of the rear seat is about 9 inches. The total width, measured between the brackets that the seat pivots on at the back is 36 inches easy. You could probably fit 38 in that space if you had too.

Hope this helps!

------------------
Drive Safe,
Steve R.
'01 SS LX
Cargo tray, leather steering wheel, mud guards, alarm, fog lights, in-dash CD player, Kelton subwoofer, under seat storage tray.

[This message has been edited by Intrepid175 (edited 09-05-2001).]

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This might work!
It is hidden out of the way and Almost The full utility of the van is maintained.

When I need to tumble the seat down I'll have two options:

1) Grab the Cargo tray before tumbling the seat, then place the tray upside down over the low profile sub box to protect it from whatever cargo I'm adding.

or 2) Simply remove the sub box temporarily.

I keep the 3rd seat AND the well behind it for groceries, strollers, misbehaving children etc.

[This message has been edited by PD55 (edited 09-05-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts