Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Odyssey EXL and I know that NGK's IZFR5K-11 fits the van,but I got shipped IZFR6K-11. Is it OK to use these? I really want to get the job done ASAP. Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I have a 2005 Odyssey EXL and I know that NGK's IZFR5K-11 fits the van,but I got shipped IZFR6K-11. Is it OK to use these? I really want to get the job done ASAP. Thanks guys
According to NGK, the "5" and "6" stand for heat range:
http://ngksparkplugs.com/docs/tech/design_symbols_plugs.pdf

"2" is "hot" and "11" is "cold".

Personally I don't think it is a huge issue and you can probably use IZFR6K-11. Anyway, only long-term use will tell.

For now, if you need to get it done, just make sure the you compare the old plugs against the new plug to be sure they are the same size, length etc.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
According to the numbers, you were shipped a *colder* plug than recommended. Therefore it will probably not burn a piston, but may become fouled and effect performance and fuel economy. Personally, I would not short-cut it.

"If you don't have time to do it right, then when will you have time to do it over?"

If you are in such a hurry, then get the correct plug at the corner parts store.

Otherwise, drive it like you stole it.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Contact the vendor and have them ship you the correct plugs - ask if they'll cross ship (i.e., ship before they get the ones they sent by mistake back) - that way you'll get them sooner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts