Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I just bought my 05 with 68k on it and am about to go on a road trip for Thanksgiving so I figured it may be a good idea to change out the plugs. I decided that I would pull one out and take a look at it and then decide. I did so, and it came out easily. When I put it back in ( by hand using just spark plug socket and extention ) it seemed to thread in the entire distance. but when I went to use the rachet just to snug it up, it only gave me a very small amount - practically nothing. I did not force it anymore. I put the coil back on and that seemed to go on normal - everything seemed to line up fine. being that the coil wasnt sticking out and it really seemed to thread on all the way - led me to feel that it wasnt cross threaded or anything.

Has anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is fine for reinstalling the plug.

First plug change should be at 105 K miles. My 2003 ran fine and the plugs looked good when I pulled them at that mileage.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
mhtjustin said:
Are you saying what I experienced is normal? Is that because the washers have been compressed already?
Yes!!!

See the NGK procedure in the attached pic. Once the washer is compressed, it is different.

Note the difference between "angle tightening" between new vs re-used.

This only applies when you tighten by angle. But if you use the torque wrench, then it is the same torque for either new or re-used spark plug.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts